Six Gill

Don

I know they’re in TX but where are their rods and reels actually made?

Don

I'm trying to buy American whenever practical. I thought KastKing and Lews was going to be my way out but I found that only the engineering was domestic and that all the assembly and production was different places in the orient.

A-5

Don don’t buy six full till it’s buy one get one sale. But just looked it ended last week sorrg. Wouldn’t buy a six film till next year. Seriously. However they will run a BOGO sale one more time this year

Grape

Don - sixgill is just starting their move to having more stuff made 💯 in the USA, based out of TX. Pretty much all fishing gear is made overseas, unless it’s some local place making it by hand. Sixgill openly has discussed this in their FB group, which is run by the owners and they actively post and answer all questions, even from people who are ripping them. I have a ton of their gear and won’t buy from anywhere else. Their customer service is best in class.

Don

Don - sixgill is just starting their move to having more stuff made 💯 in the USA, based out of TX. Pretty much all fishing gear is made overseas, unless it’s some local place making it by hand. Sixgill openly has discussed this in their FB group, which is run by the owners and they actively post and answer all questions, even from people who are ripping them. I have a ton of their gear and won’t buy from anywhere else. Their customer service is best in class.
Grape. I thought you were extinct. Good to hear from you. I have hear on other forums that their sale is significant. I like Kastking but heard that sixgill baitcasters are good. I’ve had great experience with their customers service as well.

Grape

Grape. I thought you were extinct. Good to hear from you. I have hear on other forums that their sale is significant. I like Kastking but heard that sixgill baitcasters are good. I’ve had great experience with their customers service as well.
Hey Don, I’m alive and kicking, at least at this moment lol

I tried KastKing but I feel like Sixgill is way better quality.

Also, I just got an email from Sixgill that their rod BOGO just went live, it was reels that just ended.

A-5

Don. Grape is my ace in the hole. I have people all over the world that network for me. I see sixgill on the forum so I went with mh sixgill rep!

Don

Well I’m glad to hear your enthusiasm. I have read many places that, since I’m new to baitcasters, that the $39 Royal legend by kastking is the best thing going for a beginner. I now have three. Indeed it it casts very well. so I will perhaps step up to Six gill reels next year. If they’re 2fers.
Any members using their bait casting rods and reels?

truecrimson

Want to, and now have the time off. Unfortunately the water is solid. Been thinking of sneaking up to Swatara and seeing if it is still moving, but I have to get past the wife. Despite me having to go run errands and pick up scripts she thinks I will fall in or contaminate the world if I try to go fishing.

Don

You poor man.

Royal Legend is nice but certainly not a high high end jobber. I don’t have to buy American but I want to. I like many of the shimano and Abu. I think it’s beneficial to stay with specific brands but I like them all since I’ve no experience yet.