Snap Swivels

Don

I haven't hardly used any snap swivels in many years and this year that may change. I've been spending more on gooder line and gooder yet baits and Instead of cutting off all the time I thought it may be a good time to employ small snap swivels. Is there someone whom has gone all through this subject back and forth and sideways that could give a good report on this subject? I was thinking 19-25lb black nickel micro snap swivels but maybe this is a fools errand for one or more reasons.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
For saltwater, I use tactical angler clips for quick changing of lures. I don’t use swivels much else except when they are attached to a chatterbait already.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Already been threw it all what are you using at the end of it cause you don’t want your bait just doing circles, just cause it’s saves time. Some lures won’t work. Some lures need them. Jigs just tie straight on.

MB3

I'm lazy and change lures often so I use the smallest swivels possible. For salt water I use tactical angler clips too, they work great. I use VMC brand.

Don

This is on the rod dedicated to jerbaits and crank baits. I felt it may be appropriate. I have the clips but they don’t swivel.

truecrimson

I use them a lot. They seem to work fine with Rapalas, Rebels, and similar lures. They also work fine with inline spinners like Panther Martin's. Also with flukes on offset worm hooks. And with pre snelled hooks below a slip bobber.

The smallest size I can use has gotten a lot bigger in the last few years. Opening the really small ones is too painful now and my fingers just won't do it. So I use forceps to open and close the smaller ones if I really want small.

Reactions: Don

Don

Ilike the Idea of putting the swivel up line further. I usually that. then he placed a snap only at the lure.