Spinners and stickballs

Don

As you could see the beetle spin works well for that little reel. I cast well. I was able to tangle in trees 75feet away. There are allot of Beetle
Spin types out there. as a kid I used an offset called a Rooster Tail. Strike King and many others are out there. I like the Beetle Spin because to the ability to quickly change presentations and get going again. They come in, I believe, three sizes and are great for 3-4 feet of water.
Sol If you promise that I'll catch lots of Pike I'll take a few of this Craw things. You choose the color I should have.

Don

Don Rivers. Bottom of dam. You float fish. Then in slower water jig the bobber.
ahhh! ok I get it now. I was stuck with lakes in my head.
why put stopper above the weight? wouldn't fish like not detecting the weight?

Solitario Lupo

Sol If you promise that I'll catch lots of Pike I'll take a few of this Craw things. You choose the color I should have.
I’ll send a couple to try. If you really want pike the easiest way to get them is find a cove with nice still waters with hiding places and fish with a minnow on the bobber.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’ll send a couple to try. If you really want pike the easiest way to get them is find a cove with nice still waters with hiding places and fish with a minnow on the bobber.
That is good advice. I would think this would be for Muskie too. I’ve only tried for Muskie a couple of times at Marsh Creek but I’ll pack this tidbit in the back of my brain for when I do get the urge to try for them again.

Solitario Lupo

That is good advice. I would think this would be for Muskie too. I’ve only tried for Muskie a couple of times at Marsh Creek but I’ll pack this tidbit in the back of my brain for when I do get the urge to try for them again.
For musky yes and no. It works cause my bro gets them that way. But for pike they are a lot easier to get. Bigger the minn or chub is the better for Muskie. That’s why the use suckers.

Solitario Lupo

How deep?
Muskie and pike are not shy from the sun so they sit in shallow waters. You can get them from a foot of water to 15 feet deep. Any deeper you really gotta fish for them. They’re just like any fish hiding in the holes. Find how they hide and you’ll get them.

Solitario Lupo

Anywhere you can flip over some rocks. I usually get them in the creeks but rivers and lakes near the shore. Be careful where you put your hands. Start in a rocky area and flip some rocks or kick them around wait till the water clears and start looking.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Anywhere you can flip over some rocks. I usually get them in the creeks but rivers and lakes near the shore. Be careful where you put your hands. Start in a rocky area and flip some rocks or kick them around wait till the water clears and start looking.
Do you mean crab or crayfish?

truecrimson

Here's a couple of beetle spin blasts from my past. I don't remember if I ever used them from the kayak. But I used them a lot BK (before kayak). 20210925_181458.jpg20210925_181658.jpg

I ended up not going anywhere today. Just goofing off and doing housework. Started feeling like I had wasted the day, so I decided to do some fishing related work to tell myself I did something.

I dug out the old pack rods to use since I sacrificed my favorites to the creek. I removed their > 10 year old line, and replaced it with the newer stuff. Then I sorted out my top 4 tackle boxes and rigged the rods so they are actually ready to go next time. Also re-spooled several reels for rods I need to grab from storage.

Before
20210925_162003.jpg

After
20210925_190716.jpg

Don

Tough neighborhood here.

TC I collect Old Zebco stuff. Stuff that is my age. I also used to use allot of those collapsable poles. They were practical when I had less room in my earlier homes and when I drove a VW rabbit diesel or the 75 civic.

Sol, Where might I find a Place to use my crabs once I've obtained them from amongst the rocks.

I fact lets open this up to all.....Where would I find allot of Pike in PA that are legal size.

Solitario Lupo

Anywhere you think it’s a good spot to fish with them. Try on the bottom but watch they’ll go back in hiding spots and get you snagged. Or try on the bobber get them right on the bottom.

Like I said don if your looking for pike try the coves on the lakes or any swampy areas.