spinners

Don

Today I was at a local flea and a guy had a whole box of Spinner making parts. Probably more than a thousand blades, weights, wires and more. There was a crank jig for twisting them together. TS and A-5 know what I mean. It was allot of allot. Beads, weights, Wire, blades, all very well organized by size. The guy wanted $100. Which would be a steal of course. Does anyone want this stuff. I could go back tomorrow and get it and ship it. Or you could go as well...Saylorsburg Flea MKT. Below are a few snapshots of some of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1355 2.jpeg
    IMG_1355 2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1354 2.jpeg
    IMG_1354 2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1352 2.jpeg
    IMG_1352 2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1353 2.jpeg
    IMG_1353 2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Thanks for looking out. This does remind me though, I really need to get some parts. I have many of “some” parts but almost nil of others to make completed spinners.

Reactions: Don

Don

Its sad. I probably should've bought them for posterity. Since it rained today I'm sure it didn't re-open and I may have lost this guy forever.

truecrimson

Thank God. I was being sorely tempted by this and I absolutely DO NOT need another hobby that requires time and money I don't have ;)

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

A-5, I need a dozen with white bead lol. I don’t use as many as my Brother but he snags ALOT. I also noticed water must’ve gotten in my box. Spinners dull, steelhead jigs/hooks rusted in spots, etc. Sort of bummed there. My pack isn’t waterproof but I didn’t dry it out from rain but even thinking spinners would tarnish. I buy them from a guy by the dozen. Forget his price, I did pick up a few silver with blue bead and a few with orange bead as well. Frank Nale I think his name is. On another forum he tracks his trout numbers on spinners. Some pretty insane annual numbers. Burns through Stradic reels like I do shaving razors. Retired and enjoying it, I’m envious.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

The stocked pond at kids campground we just left had crappie mixed in. All I had were jigs, bubblegum worms, those preserved crickets(never caught a thing ever on those), and a few spinners. Plus SLs flies but only had an hour. Lost 4 kinds of fish at shore but all tiny. Most on a dull spinner. Planned to pick up some minnows and try again but rained out yesterday before heading home. First night checking it out I saw a ton of green leaf like hoppers. Was thinking I should catch some for bait but thought they’d be around. Saw 0 while actually fishing.

Don

Some folks on the Zebco site recommended I try beetle spins and I was shocked how well they worked for Bass and Gills

A-5

If you can put food in your mouth you can make spinners. The tough part is putting the hook on and looping it. Mine aren’t pretty but they work. Everything is cheap but the brass beads.

HenryDavid

Some folks on the Zebco site recommended I try beetle spins and I was shocked how well they worked for Bass and Gills
You can buy the beetle spin blade and "V" arm separately and clip them on most any style jig. We used to use the small ones under a bobber, they were deadly for panfish.

Don

If you can put food in your mouth you can make spinners. The tough part is putting the hook on and looping it. Mine aren’t pretty but they work. Everything is cheap but the brass beads....
I'm Starving......

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

I
You can buy the beetle spin blade and "V" arm separately and clip them on most any style jig. We used to use the small ones under a bobber, they were deadly for panfish.
I've clipped the spinners with arms to jigs before but never fished them under a bobber. Do you just let them sit there or move them?

HenryDavid

I

I've clipped the spinners with arms to jigs before but never fished them under a bobber. Do you just let them sit there or move them?
Both, I remember casting in front of pads/weeds and when the bobber hit it would go down quickly, or pull it along slowly just enough to slowly jig and hang, or let it sit there. It's been awhile, that used to be my killer panfish rig, small curly tail jig with the beetle spin blade around cover under a float.