Split shot on hook

Don

Thought about doing a split shot on #6 or 4 EWG hooks with 2or 3” Kieteck.72569214-C747-4690-9B5D-610297EED834.jpeg
Not many manufacturers make EWG hooks that small. But I bet winter perch and Crappy would be interested.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I use these for swim baits but it’s a pretty large hook for your purposes. There may be smaller ones in the market already? Or if you can find lead tape / strips to wrap the hook.

89FBF288-A8AF-424A-B511-7015B3C624E3.jpeg

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

First off can’t stand fishusa they suck. Very poor customer service. Once again I would have gone to ebay and buy some swimbait hooks. Weight and twist lock are on hooks.

Reactions: A-5

Melvinp

Or wrap it with lead wire cover that with some red tinsel and goop it with epoxy anything goes

truecrimson

Thought about doing a split shot on #6 or 4 EWG hooks with 2or 3” Kieteck.View attachment 4444
Not many manufacturers make EWG hooks that small. But I bet winter perch and Crappy would be interested.
Beautiful thing about split shot is you can put them anywhere you want.

Weighted hooks are a thing, so if they don't make the sizes or type you want, then you can certainly make them yourself.

I can see the wire others have suggested working better, being better distributed. But a split shot would work in a pinch and may be better if you want the weight more forward or rearward to make a rig nose up or nose down.