Sproat Bend

Don

I've been eying up this hook for some time and finally bought it. Notice on the label that is says "Catch More Fish". Does this suggest that it'll catch less weeds? That is what I'm hoping, I guess we'll see. There are many other brands that offer this bend but the straight shank behind the eye is much shorter than these. This one by Daiichi seems to have a longer straight shaft than the others. I'm hoping to do some soft hackles and maybe Brown Olws and Deceivers on this. I might also see a use for it for terrestrials later on.
The question I have is that the hook, while it does stand proud nicely, doesn't have any offset. If you was me (mourn the day) would you bend it a bit for a little offset.IMG_0020.JPG

Don

I find this angle intriguing as on most hooks that angle is zero*. It should be great for turning tail knippers into canned Kippers.IMG_0021.jpeg

HenryDavid

That's very similar to what I would use for a Texas rigged weedless worm, I think they call them offset hooks.

Don

These are apparently also used for shrimp. Do they work okay for TX rig or do you have trouble keeping the worm against the Eye?

Nappy

M
These are apparently also used for shrimp. Do they work okay for TX rig or do you have trouble keeping the worm against the Eye?
Must be a really small hook if used for shrimp. Most people use nets for shrimp. Do shrimp fight hard?

Don

Hahahahahaha, got me back! Hey you don't answer phones anymore? The braid worked as tippet.