Susquehanna North Branch - summertime levels

HenryDavid

Gauge in Wilkes-Barre is under 2 feet, that usually means decent conditions for wading up around Harding and Falls. I'm wondering about water clarity, has anyone fished the North Branch lately?

Melvinp

not sure what it looks like in tunhannock but the tunkhannock creek is dirty prob from plowing the creek side corn fields.

Randy Z

We just fished downstream from the Falls bridge around the cemetery. Lots of action on the surface but i got skunked. MelvinP was able to land a 6inch smallie on the fly rod. I was using everything in my bag, crankbaits to surface plugs, even had a channy rig out with nightcrawlers. No takers. We did go to the bridge just to check it out, 2 guys at the bridge seemed like they were getting into them. Not sure what though! The end.

HenryDavid

We just fished downstream from the Falls bridge around the cemetery. Lots of action on the surface but i got skunked. MelvinP was able to land a 6inch smallie on the fly rod. I was using everything in my bag, crankbaits to surface plugs, even had a channy rig out with nightcrawlers. No takers. We did go to the bridge just to check it out, 2 guys at the bridge seemed like they were getting into them. Not sure what though! The end.
You guys were down in my territory, give me a heads up next time if possible. It's World Cup Soccer season, you didn't get "skunked" you got Nil.

Randy Z

We were introduced to a place that we didnt know exsisted. I have a family member that lives in that area and showded us the place. So ofcourse we are foing to give it our all!!!! Hahahaha, awsome area!!!! We need a vessel to fish it though!!

HenryDavid

We were introduced to a place that we didnt know exsisted. I have a family member that lives in that area and showded us the place. So ofcourse we are foing to give it our all!!!! Hahahaha, awsome area!!!! We need a vessel to fish it though!!
It's my favorite river spot next to Vosburg, omg, did I mention Vosburg? When the river is at these levels you can wade/walk up to where the smallies all know my name, lol

HenryDavid

Missed my chance to fish the 1-2 foot levels, this looks a little crazy

Attachments

• wbrp1_hg.png
    wbrp1_hg.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 3

WADMAN

That big bulge of water has pushed south pretty fast. Was out up above Duncannon on Sunday. River was up over a foot in a weeks time and rose 4" or so while out. Made for some interesting wading. Dusk topwater fishing has been awesome!