Terminal Tackle Storage

Don

Now that I'm fishing with many styles and baits I find myself without a good inventory system. I have lots of Plano boxes (thanks to TC) but they are not good for hooks, swivels, tiny weights and more. They have removable dividers and so the gear is able to migrate allot. Below are some options I found online but I'd like to know what you use and like.

Attachments

• shopping-1.png
    shopping-1.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
  • shopping.png
    shopping.png
    9 KB · Views: 3

truecrimson

I use the waterproof Plano boxes. Sometimes really small stuff moves into other sections, but not so much that it bothers me.

Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

Was just going to point that out for small stuff TC. Make sure there’s no gaps between the compartment walls and the lid.
All my stuff like the hooks all mix together.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

My lures would never fit in stuff like that. So I use pencil cases or just used the plastic cases they come in after I dry them out.

Don

My son just gave me a bunch of these (30) tubes and they fit Plano 3700

Attachments

• C199DD74-29E8-4E9F-ACC5-E56618965EA4.jpeg
    C199DD74-29E8-4E9F-ACC5-E56618965EA4.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 3
  • C39736A6-B37B-46F6-96CD-9A434BC4CE6E.jpeg
    C39736A6-B37B-46F6-96CD-9A434BC4CE6E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

truecrimson

I generally mix hooks of a type together anyway. Like all my circles in one compartment, all my offsets in one compartment, all my baitholder and j hooks in one compartment, etc.

I forgot I also use those little screw together round things that stack. Let me find a pic. I use them for bobber stops, and beads and some split shot. I probably should put all of the small split shot in them and the micro hooks too as those are mostly what migrates. I'll add doing that to my agenda. They fit laying down in the Plano box if the compartment and stack are sized to match.

TackleStorage.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I use the one in the first picture you show. It is pricey but it has become my favorite. Separate compartments with their own lids keeps everything tidy. A friend just picked one up last month as he “interfaced” with mine often ;) and appreciated the setup.

83B2F56B-9F37-4A46-B66E-F91308ED4391.jpeg

Don

Here is an old pill container. This would be good for split shot and bait hooks I guess.IMG_5864.jpeg

Last edited:

Don

I generally mix hooks of a type together anyway. Like all my circles in one compartment, all my offsets in one compartment, all my baitholder and j hooks in one compartment, etc.

I forgot I also use those little screw together round things that stack. Let me find a pic. I use them for bobber stops, and beads and some split shot. I probably should put all of the small split shot in them and the micro hooks too as those are mostly what migrates. I'll add doing that to my agenda. They fit laying down in the Plano box if the compartment and stack are sized to match.

View attachment 4693
These are cool.

Don

I use the one in the first picture you show. It is pricey but it has become my favorite. Separate compartments with their own lids keeps everything tidy. A friend just picked one up last month as he “interfaced” with mine often ;) and appreciated the setup.

View attachment 4695
I’m gonna keep a sharp eye 👁️ out for one of them. I see allot of really cool stuff at fleas and garage sales.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m gonna keep a sharp eye 👁️ out for one of them. I see allot of really cool stuff at fleas and garage sales.
Current prices on them are terrible. I forget exactly what I paid for it but I'm pretty sure it was under $40 at the time. Alternatively, Harbor Freight sells size 3700 boxes that have latches and are waterproof for $10. Sure, it's not fancy like the Plano but they are hard to turn down at that price.....which reminds me, I need to get some more.

Melvinp

Don’t you get allot of migrating parts and prices?
Sinkers, hooks,swivels and beads in the top bobbers and bobber stops in bottom never had any problems with things changing compartments on their own

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Don

Don

Last night I went the Harboring Fright and Hobby Lobby. Before leaving I took measurements of the 3700 Plano boxes. Harb’s boxes were too long by an inch. At HobLob I got exactly a Plano box. The kind with the good latches and move able dividers. Then I found little pill style containers that fit into the trays nicely. This should clean up all the little chatter I have that is migrating and rusting all over and making it a disorganized mess. You can tell me I’m brilliant but I knew it 😉

7D750B58-6BDA-4250-959D-71A315A5EEA9.jpeg2CC82589-59E4-4254-9343-0949FC5D3017.jpeg2CF617D6-2BDE-43BF-9D9D-AA56D0115C2E.jpeg