The new toy

Don

Sure and that is where you had me sit....
What is the floor? Did it have cross stringers?
That is really a nice boat for where you fish.

Melvinp

Sure and that is where you had me sit....
What is the floor? Did it have cross stringers?
That is really a nice boat for where you fish.
Nope what you see it what there was under the plywood and wait till you see it when we’re done

Reactions: Don

Bootfoot

I have a soft spot in my boat that I’ve been meaning to fix for the last 5 years. Maybe this year will be the year. Probably not but who knows. I wish I had a heated barn to do it over winter but I don’t so Ill just keep making excuses why I haven’t done it yet. Im also pretty sure the floatation foam is waterlogged as well which is another reason I haven’t lifted the floor yet. It’s easier to bury my head in the sand. I was going to replace the floor with aluminum but then my buddy got a boat with an aluminum floor. Way to hot so I’m sticking with wood. I have another excuse, supply chain. I actually ordered the vinyl flooring last year but I couldn’t get it in. The delay was so long I told them to cancel the order. Yep one of these days I’m going to run out of excuses. i Can’t wait to see your finished floor.

Don

I don't believe it floats. I don't believe it is legal. Guess you'll have to prove it some night at the Haycock Bridge!

A-5

Yea Don definitely. I am terrible on planning local fishing trips. I’m 10 minutes to a boat ramp. So it’s kinda like hey I’m home alone see ya. With kids stuff running to august it’s rough around here. But I’ll definitely reach out

Don

I like it or I wouldn't offer to prove its seaworthy. I'm allot more flexible than you and am known to be spontaneous. Sold all my kids...made out like a bandit.

Reactions: A-5

Melvinp

Now on to new carpet, new pumps (bilge and live well) and hoses where are leak was a screw got to close to a hose could have been like that from day one.

Bootfoot

I second the no carpet. Carpet just doesn’t belong in a real fishing boat. i had one boat with carpet, never again. Not sure of your budget but vinyl or that new fangled padded vinyl stuff is the way to go. New dangled is expensive though. I believe carpet is used because it’s cheap, it’s super easy to install and it covers up all the horrible workmanship in boats.

A-5

I painted and did not carpet. My buddy bought carpet to replace his and couldn’t hardly budge the old stuff. It’s horrible to work with. I understand rubber can get hot but you can always get a throw down to help with that and it’s water proof

Don

Order a 3 qt kit of the regular epoxy from RAKA. marine epoxies. buy a few rolls of blue tape. Find a bag or bucket of sand. Screen sand through a kitchen strainer. Poke holes onto a coffee can lid with a hot Ice pick. put sand in coffee can and make sure it shakes out nicely like a coarse salt shaker. Coat your entire floor with the epoxy and let it cure for a day or two, three days is best. Was and sand the epoxy with 150 or so orbital sander and wash again. Tape of the pattern you want and paint the areas inside the paint with fresh epoxy. Spread the sand evenly. pull the tape up pulling towards the inside. Let dry 2-3 days. Sweep off the excess sand. Lightly sand to dull pointedness of the sand Blow off with an air hose and paint with Pettit EZ-Poxy, Sandtone or Hateras Off-white. Wala !!! permanent non-skid. I did this to the entire deck on my 1959 Pearson Triton 28' sailboat. People couldn't believe it wasn't mold in , much less that I had done the job myself.

OR CHEAT AND DO IT WITH PRE-MIXED NONSKID.

Both methods outlined below:

If you need help getting going let me know.

Reactions: A-5