The Voice of the fish Prophet

Solitario Lupo

Any of you bass guy's ever use Hellgramites? I have fished Pennypack creek at the for close to 45 years, never saw a hellgramite in that creek. Till one day I caught a trout with one in his mouth. Now I use the fake version trout magnet has, along with the slayer (fake crawfish).
Was fishing bait one time go a little snag when I pulled in the minn was gone but I had snagged a hellgramite. So figured I push it on the hook and fish it. Nothing.

The only hellgramite I’ve caught trout on would be the one I tie.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Yeah fishing the Perkiomen years ago my buddy and I would get them along the bank. Then we saw 2 guy's in the creek, one holding a minnow net in the rapids the other walking towards him kicking up gravel and rocks to catch em. We started doing that method and in 15 mins. we'd have 15 - 20 good thing about them you can catch multiple fish on one bait. Than again the small mouth are small in that creek.

Heck, that could have been me and my friend Bud. This is how we use to get them....on the Perk.

A-5

Above the office. There’s a electrical sub panel the size of a VW. May after May they disappear

pabassman

Oh yeah probably one of the best creek and river baits out there. Start flipping rocks on the shore when the temp gets around 60 degrees.I have more luck catching stock trout later in the season after they get used to natural bait but come may/june they are killer for pretty much any fish living in that body of water.Use a longer shanked hook and run the bard under the collar behind their head it will allow the clipper to slide up the line and you won’t lose as many of those glorious little critters
I think in the susky the only thing better than clippers is stone cats.