Things are getting desperate

Gremcat

I’m close on the other end. Give me rain!!!!

Seriously, share some love. My hometown in eastern upstate NY roads are collapsing from the rain. Here I water the grass to catch worms. Lehigh is almost 70, dam release had 0 effect on temp. Cold water trib from the falls was 68.

Water!Water! Lol

Gremcat

A “bit” of rain in the north. The road waterfall pic is uphill from my Stepfather’s. Down hill a culvert collapsed. He said good thing he just retired early and has an ATV to get to town. His house is between the two collapses.

The road with guy standing in it is the lake I always talk about having massive ‘gill and bass. Road always floods but guess underneath was worse than it appeared. Kind of looks like the original cobblestone under the lowest blacktop layer then built way up and paved again. I remember times we’d drive it and one pond had red carp of some kind. They’d swim across the road and we’d dodge them, lol. 26FED247-34F3-494C-91B4-490BCD32704B.jpeg67A1085A-1168-4CD1-B19D-5D32CC4CF152.jpegFA757D40-8A37-432B-991E-B8CDAA3B529E.jpeg

Gremcat

Last pic is my Godfather’s camp in the ‘Dax. My uncle is further East and nothing like this pic.

Gremcat

Fished flooded lehigh and managed a few right in shore, didn’t work out when the swam into the rage though,,,, they gone,

Solitario Lupo

When it’s not 15 feet under water sure is a great place to go.
A little story on the bridge. On both sides it’s mountains so the road is very steep. Their suppose to put the flood gates down but sometimes they don’t get to it fast enough. So that bridge has claimed a lot of cars. One car being my fathers lol. He was younger and of course partying. So one dark night he had to go for a swim lol.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

I’m close on the other end. Give me rain!!!!

Seriously, share some love. My hometown in eastern upstate NY roads are collapsing from the rain. Here I water the grass to catch worms. Lehigh is almost 70, dam release had 0 effect on temp. Cold water trib from the falls was 68.

Water!Water! Lol
Funny here haven’t mowed in way to long from all the rain couldn’t find a crawler in I had to grass is way too high but the Delaware should be prime lol

Gremcat

Funny here haven’t mowed in way to long from all the rain couldn’t find a crawler in I had to grass is way too high but the Delaware should be prime lol
Here they everywhere, after our yard catching I mostly stopped looking. Was digging up old mulch today for some new ostrich ferns and counted about 30. Walk to far side of yard to relocate a few recently dropped railroad ties and counted 8 more under the first one. Not going to throw my back out hunched looking when a pitch and the mulch have huge ones.

Melvinp

Here they everywhere, after our yard catching I mostly stopped looking. Was digging up old mulch today for some new ostrich ferns and counted about 30. Walk to far side of yard to relocate a few recently dropped railroad ties and counted 8 more under the first one. Not going to throw my back out hunched looking when a pitch and the mulch have huge ones.
Have you seen many jumping worms you know the white ones that break there tail off and squirt when you stick a hook in them.They will bounce off the ground when you first find them.

Gremcat

I am not sure what they are. I see little white grubs occasionally and realized the green ones on one particular tiny creek stocked with 5-10 lbs trout must’ve been Catalpa worms. They’d only hit those as they fell. I thought they were a southern thing. Past weekend I realized this area is full of catalpa trees.

Melvinp

I am not sure what they are. I see little white grubs occasionally and realized the green ones on one particular tiny creek stocked with 5-10 lbs trout must’ve been Catalpa worms. They’d only hit those as they fell. I thought they were a southern thing. Past weekend I realized this area is full of catalpa trees.
There worms but not reds I actually think they are a import

Solitario Lupo

Jumping worms are those invasive Asian worms. Just pick one up with two fingers and they snap in half going nuts. Very bad for the red worms and nightcrawlers. They are bigger then garden worms and smaller than nightcrawlers.

Melvinp

T
Jumping worms are those invasive Asian worms. Just pick one up with two fingers and they snap in half going nuts. Very bad for the red worms and nightcrawlers. They are bigger then garden worms and smaller than nightcrawlers.
Yep that’s them fish don’t even like them if you could get them on a hook anyway