Think! Live!

pabassman

So 2023 sux so far. Ice as gotten unsafe, bummer. I sent my Happy New Year texts to my gang Sunday morning. Shortly I got a reply. It was from an old friend. It was his wife, sent it from his phone He had a minor stroke late on NYE. This is a guy who like me retired 1/1. We've been friends for over 40 years. Partners in crime, Worked/traveled together. He was my original and long time tournament partner. Recently they moved to upstate NY. Right in the middle of it all. Ten minutes to Pulaski, twenty to Mexico bay, twenty five to Henderson harbor. He plans on fshing out his life in some of the greatest waters on earth. Now they have this hanging over them. He is ok, deemed minor stroke. He was released from the hospital after three days of tests. His wife wont let him go fishing alone ever again. We all need to work, to make money, support familys. But think about it, not just from the fishing side of it but from all things. Friends, family. Dont let life get in the way of living. I've had concerns/second guessing retiring early......Not anymore.

A-5

So 2023 sux so far. Ice as gotten unsafe, bummer. I sent my Happy New Year texts to my gang Sunday morning. Shortly I got a reply. It was from an old friend. It was his wife, sent it from his phone He had a minor stroke late on NYE. This is a guy who like me retired 1/1. We've been friends for over 40 years. Partners in crime, Worked/traveled together. He was my original and long time tournament partner. Recently they moved to upstate NY. Right in the middle of it all. Ten minutes to Pulaski, twenty to Mexico bay, twenty five to Henderson harbor. He plans on fshing out his life in some of the greatest waters on earth. Now they have this hanging over them. He is ok, deemed minor stroke. He was released from the hospital after three days of tests. His wife wont let him go fishing alone ever again. We all need to work, to make money, support familys. But think about it, not just from the fishing side of it but from all things. Friends, family. Dont let life get in the way of living. I've had concerns/second guessing retiring early......Not anymore.
All I read is he can’t fish alone! Insert you with sunglasses with the snoop dog song!

Go up and enjoy him brother!

Blackcat Outdoors

download (4).jpeg

Tell him to get one of these. It's satellite based, so no cell signal needed. You can send messages, GPS location, and it has an emergency beacon from anywhere on the planet.

I carry one when I go out hiking, fishing, hunting, etc. It's clips to a pack or belt and doesn't weigh very much. It gives my Mrs a decent piece of mind that I'm not going to die alone in the woods somewhere though (not that I would mind going out that way).

Hope your friend makes a full recovery and gets back out there. Take a couple trips with him if you can to help his Mrs get over this scare.

pabassman

Thanks guys.I had an open invitation even before this. They just closed on their home n Sept so it was hectic for them. He was out a fe times learning the Henderson area. He is doing ok now. No loss of vision, mobility, on mental focus. I will be up there for sure this summer.

Don

Best wishes. My brother and brother in law both had mini strokes. Both fully recovered. Lifestyle changes and back on track.
Nice machine Black cat.