Thinking of this to melt lead

Don M

Well it was pretty nice out,one day last week. So I opened the garage door, and went to making some weight. Made some 1,1 1/12, 2, and 3 ouncers. Going to be 70 today so after Comcast straightens out my speed on the internet, and TV. I hope to get out and make some 3/4,1/2, 3/8, maybe a few 1/4. I do see how using wheel weights isn't the best, but its ok for sinkers, when the lead is free. Going to buy some good pure lead when I get into jig heads.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3

truecrimson

Well it was pretty nice out,one day last week. So I opened the garage door, and went to making some weight. Made some 1,1 1/12, 2, and 3 ouncers. Going to be 70 today so after Comcast straightens out my speed on the internet, and TV. I hope to get out and make some 3/4,1/2, 3/8, maybe a few 1/4 DO SOME FISHING. I do see how using wheel weights isn't the best, but its ok for sinkers, when the lead is free. Going to buy some good pure lead when I get into jig heads.
Fixed it for you ;)

Bootfoot

Fine for sinkers and fine for jig Heads. Fish don’t know the difference nor do they care. I have no idea if my lead is soft, hard, pure or impure. Just like fish, I don't care. It’s only job is to sink the hook and hard soft or medium does it just fine.

Reactions: Don

Don M

Fine for sinkers and fine for jig Heads. Fish don’t know the difference nor do they care. I have no idea if my lead is soft, hard, pure or impure. Just like fish, I don't care. It’s only job is to sink the hook and hard soft or medium does it just fine.
Oh I'll try the wheel weights 1st!! I have 2 Pep-Boy's and a Firestone tire, saving them for me;)