This should be hilarious - Going Tuna Fishing

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Last week when we were fishing outside of Sandy Hook, in our travels, we ran into the fleet of boats fishing for Tuna just south of Long Island. Tuna have been making their appearance there for a few years and it has become a popular area. So popular that my buddies are insisting that we try for them this Friday.

While I will eat Tuna all day long, every day, I have never had a desire to fish for them. I do not like fighting large fish, obscene large fish that is, I just do not see the fun in it. Hook me into a 25"+ Salmon, awesome, same goes for a 40"+ Striper but large sharks, tuna and whatever else gets that big, no thank you! Fishing is suppose to be fun, not work! LOL

Due to this, I have been labeled the designated drinker. ;) LOL. And I will do my best to accomplish my task, watch and enjoy the weather. Both of my friends going have experience and equipment so who knows, maybe we will get lucky and bring home something tasty.

Melvinp

Last week when we were fishing outside of Sandy Hook, in our travels, we ran into the fleet of boats fishing for Tuna just south of Long Island. Tuna have been making their appearance there for a few years and it has become a popular area. So popular that my buddies are insisting that we try for them this Friday.

While I will eat Tuna all day long, every day, I have never had a desire to fish for them. I do not like fighting large fish, obscene large fish that is, I just do not see the fun in it. Hook me into a 25"+ Salmon, awesome, same goes for a 40"+ Striper but large sharks, tuna and whatever else gets that big, no thank you! Fishing is suppose to be fun, not work! LOL

Do to this, I have been labeled the designated drinker. ;) LOL. And I will do my best to accomplish my task, watch and enjoy the weather. Both of my friends going have experience and equipment so who knows, maybe we will get lucky and bring home something tasty.
Whaawhooo it’s all about the bigger fish lol

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Going to be one of those days. I went to bed when the Eagles came on, I can always depend on them as a sleep aid. Sad but lol, it’s true. I fell right to sleep but woke up at 12:30 to find out they did not at least get clobbered. No sense in going back to sleep, I’m in awake mode. I was planning to wake up at 3am anyways.

I just made a coffee and I think I’ll work a couple of hours before driving over to my buddies place at 3:30am a few miles away. From that point, I’m jumping in his truck and my responsibility for the day ends…and they know it! I am not the guide, research person, driver, captain or expected to be of any knowledge today and that feels great! I’m sure I’ll be a great country DJ on the boat and enjoy some cold ones.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Womp Womp Womp!!! No Tuna whatsoever. As a matter of fact, no bait was to be found either, which explains the tuna I suppose. We hung out on the tuna grounds for a couple of hours trolling a couple umbrella rigs but since we didn’t have bait to net, we did not get to throw bait style rigs.

We retreated to our Sea Bass spot, caught a good amount, not as good as last week nor were the sizes as good as last week but it was enough to keep the 3 of us busy. Like last week, Bonitos made their presence, we only boated one and my buddy kept it this time, he said he will report back on how it tastes. Some champion Sea Robins were mixed in, a random squid and some bluefish as well. We ended the day looking for weakies close to the dock but only found one willing to bite.

Always great to get out but I am SO looking forward to getting back to chasing Bass on fresh water next week. Who knows, maybe even this weekend.