Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • What?

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I don’t have a designated one on the boat but I could make one up quick with a fish finder rig and heavy sinker. I have done the send the rod in while holding the line trick a few times.

A-5

Ok. So the painters pole that telescopes out. I rigged the end to clip on the line. 6’ to 10’ or so. Or use a dog leash that has the retractable line with a weighted end and clip

Solitario Lupo

I was either thinking of getting one or making one out of an old aluminum pole used for a swimming pool cleaner. If I make I gotta carry it around though. Thinking of getting one tha slides down the line and fits in a backpack.

Reactions: A-5

HenryDavid

If you use braided line you can wrap the line around a stout stick and slowly pull, either the hook will bend or the lure will come apart or you pull a tree out of the water, the braid won't break. I've pulled water soaked logs out of the Susquehanna with this method.

truecrimson

Knockers? I like big ones? Oh wait, nevermind.

Used both the one that slides down the line and has a string to pull it back and the telescoping pole with the meysp spiral curly Q. Both commercial store bought ones.

That last one is at the bottom of lakeside quarry if anyone wants it. I can't remember if I lost the slider or if it's in our storage unit somewhere.

Haven't used them much since I got the yaks, so +/- 8 years or so. Just paddle over and fall out. Then you can stand up and get your lure ;)

I've also done the wrap line around my hand (protected by glove or towel) and pull, similar to Henry David's stick method. Since I mainly use mono and sometimes a floor leader I'd add 'line breaks' to his list of possible outcomes

Gremcat

Wasn’t sure what the thread was honestly. I’ve wrapped my arm and pulled in neat stuff. Once pulled an anchor up in a lake and had to wrap behind my shoulders. Pulled up the two sharp edges dug into the crotch of a big oak that got in the lake somehow. Joker was heavier than about anything I’ve hauled out of water not counting gator. I’m still not sure how I undug the anchor cleats or how I didn’t capsize.