Told Ya

Melvinp

Nothing wrong with that. It's 2022, do whatever you want with Ray no matter what he weighs. I brought a few 200+ lb,ers in on the old ugly stick back in the day. I just never really bragged about it. 😂😂
Lol sorry but I hate ugly sticks it’s that darn clear tip strong as a bull but limp as a

Melvinp

I just pinch a split shot on and it goes down, nothing scientific, all that talk about sink rate just makes me dizzy.
I’ve done the split shot thing lots but I do prefer sink tips split shot can cause problems casting and getting that little piece of lead to stay put on your line can be troublesome

HenryDavid

I’ve done the split shot thing lots but I do prefer sink tips split shot can cause problems casting and getting that little piece of lead to stay put on your line can be troublesome
I put an overhand knot on the spot or at - above the tippet knot, keeps the shot in place. I just watched a video of guys lake fishing for trout using full sinking line. They were trying to get down to 12 feet and below, counting down, it was so boring I had to shut it off.