Tackle bag= 4.5lbs
Snow shovel and ice scoop=2 lbs
Two rod holders=3.5 lbs
Foam floor=3lbs
Sled batt for lighting=16 lbs
Bucket of minnows = 10 lbs
Thermos of java=7.5 lbs
Comes out at 185lbs
That's without auger ( and my jiffy is old and heavy)
That's also without food and beverage or extra clothing and hopefully fish at the end lol
Also that's not the wieght of the smitty sled
So that's that. No matter what way ya look at it it's a workout but it sure is a ball

Bootfoot

Wow, that’s a lot of weight. I think you need another smitty sled to be pulled by whoever goes with you. Perhaps you could lose the big buddy and the lighting battery and replace them with a simple Coleman lantern. Those things cast plenty of light and heat. That would save you about 35 lbs.

Nappy

Lantern mantels are a pain and I know the Big buddy is to big but nice to heat things up on. Next season I'll have a much smaller unit. I ran lanterns for years but the clang and bang on the ice and loading and unloading takes its toll on them.i do have a Zippo rechargeable lantern, love it it's light wieght last along time. Really the major set back was the full 20lbs propane tank. On just ice it's not a big deal. Once the lake gets a lot of snow and slush it's just to much.

HenryDavid

I have a flip over but also a small sled for when there's deep snow or slush. I go with the conditions. Also used to do a lot of hike in ice fishing, small sled is packed tight with a mesh bungy to hold everything in it. Sometimes you are better off going light. Headlamp and flashlight give me all the lighting I need. Hand auger and heavy coat packed in sled with extra gloves, etc. I can't imagine hauling 7lbs of coffee, lol

Melvinp

Nappy packs to be out for the duration going to have to build a carbon fiber ice shanty with cable tv and a hot tube lol