Trout Derby 2021

Melvinp

I think Melvin is waiting for the the 11th hour nah 11:45th hour drop in to take it all before we can respond lol. Come on Melvin, Fly Guys have been showing me what for my entire life, point of fact, upstate eastern NY on the VT border a few fly guys showed me that a childhood of not catching was my own fault netting wild 18” after another on the same creeks I grew up on.

So let’s see them beautiful native monsters. LOL. I finally broke 20” on a river spawn brown after a lifetime of looking.
I haven't found your dock yet lol.Trout fishing isn't super up my way stocking #s are down so the fish really dont spread out much and still a little cold for the hellgermites to be moving yet,when that happens my wooly fishing will really get moving.

A-5

Same here trout open day was horrible. Youth day was horrible. Like bad. Not worth it at all

Gremcat

A-5 surprised you don’t shoot over to Mahatango and the smaller tribs in that area. Some nice pools with easy access. Last year with Covid it was a bit of a mess since everyone was off work. Most years it’s nice and with all the little creeks there’s plenty of spots overlooked that hold nice trout. Probably only drift worthy down by the dam or close to the big river though.

Melvin, I found some solid trout around Huntlock Creek and Harvey’s up above the trophy section. I didn’t do well in the popular areas but the spots away from the road or the pull offs down before it empties. I tend to not focus much on the popular pools anywhere unless it’s 5am.

Gremcat

I know they do. It seemed every fish I caught looked the same. Those are the ones I brought home for an old friend.
The last and third from last are identical twins right down to your finger placement and body marks....... I know you gotta catch up so maybe flip that one over for the sec pic LOL

Gremcat

I get it too, when there are a bunch it’s easy to do. Just messing with ya. Soon as I get through the Vax 1 shot I just got I’m going to get back after them. So far nothing but chills. I sleep with AC on and window open over my head all winter so this is odd.

josey12340

The last and third from last are identical twins right down to your finger placement and body marks....... I know you gotta catch up so maybe flip that one over for the sec pic LOL
You might be right. Looks the same so there is another one somewhere. I will never catch up. To hard all these pictures.