Trout Derby 2021

Gremcat

I just count the fish I want to post then post that many lol. I’ve probably posted a duplicate at one time or another somewhere. I’m streamlined now just upload in batches of 6 which matches two rows in my album. Of course you might need more fish for that to work..... just saying

Gremcat

Been slacking myself this week being run down and now Covid vax. Missing a few opportunities at 25” + fish in spots but I’m usually 100 mph type of person so for once trying to be smarter health wise. All the injuries are aching too. If my bionic leg starts limping again I’ll go see a Dr. tough to say because side effects of vax are aches, rundown, chills, whatever.

Hoping I recover enough to go north Sat./Sun. then travel next week again, CT this time.

Don

Oh man, typical, I stand corrected again. Improved clinch it is. Someday I'll be the pro, especially if I learn to listen. Why do you use such lite line? are they leader shy?

Very interesting.
So can I be forgiven for dumb statements. I said you only need the Clinch Knot and that the Improved isn't necessary. Well Once last week and twice today I had a hook part from my line when hit and thrashed by Pickerel teeth. it seems that they grate the knot and loosen it much like I often do with my thumb nail to remove a hook. So sorry to have questioned you in front of your cronies peers.

A-5

Lol. Don I’ve done stress test on line and knots. When you fish the way we do you need thin small tough line. I’m a dork. But I can say smaller line benefits from the palomar knot and improved. 8lb and above the snell is king. There is a secret the snell gives you many or most don’t even realize. Go properly snell a hook. A sharp hook. Run the line across a finger slowly. The hook actually drops and hooks the fish. Try it.

Don

Lol. Don I’ve done stress test on line and knots. When you fish the way we do you need thin small tough line. I’m a dork. But I can say smaller line benefits from the palomar knot and improved. 8lb and above the snell is king. There is a secret the snell gives you many or most don’t even realize. Go properly snell a hook. A sharp hook. Run the line across a finger slowly. The hook actually drops and hooks the fish. Try it.
I haven't any experience with this nor any point of reference. I guess you have to post a video. Ay least one of us will watch it.

Gremcat

Finally a free weekend to wade and down with the crud, slept all day yesterday, still getting going today and SUV needs brake pads to get inspected, I’m going to try and get going tonight

A-5

I haven't any experience with this nor any point of reference. I guess you have to post a video. Ay least one of us will watch it.
Haven’t done a knot one but i have done a line one

Last edited:

Don

Not very scientific Cheif. Glad you didn't make my Corona Vaccine. It gets the point across though.

Hey that reminds me. You guys always listen to bad music so I thought I'd write a few bars for your trip:

"🎼🎸All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside the door, Already I'm so Awesome I could cry🎹🎼"
(Patty, Phil and Marty, ca. 1963)
Go get'em. bring me one to smoke. 🐟

A-5

Well about our trip. Most people say the run is done. Who knows last May 2 me and reed hit 16 steelhead. They say they are gone. I will however let you know

Gremcat

Grem where were you yesterday. I needed your help at the lake.....
Haha, I almost went, I was sick all day Sat and got out an hour last night, only got a measly smallie though, I’ll get out with this rain though, it’s too perfect not too, schedules been crazy lately but opens a bit I hope

Gremcat

Got rear brakes on, stupid PA rust already on the ‘18, did the ‘00 sienna brakes in an hour, fronts on the ‘18 I’ll let the shop do I guess, pins wouldn’t back out for me and hard lined calipers SMH, got kids out to kids spot about 35 mins too, they caught 3, best stocky wouldn’t hit a minnow so my son wanted a bubblegum worm and he clobbered it for him.

Gremcat

One smallie, sun came out just before dark and waters low, people everywhere too, bummed I’ve got all the stuff setup and can’t get time or healthy to wade a creek In dying to, last night stupid insomnia until 4am then day started at 5am, I hit the wall at 6 pm unfortunately, crashing now finally I hope, losing Sat to crud vs weeks like everyone else in the house could’ve been worse

Attachments

• 2C3DC964-3212-4758-8A52-5B8FC770DAEA.jpeg
    2C3DC964-3212-4758-8A52-5B8FC770DAEA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Gremcat

Today was great in the evening but burnt to a crisp mentally and kids activities until now, looks like rains coming thankfully, give me 50 degrees and steady rain for the rest of my life lol.