Trout season 2022

truecrimson

lol, I don't think I've ever caught pickerel in Stocked Trout Water. I have caught trout in Swatara, but it isn't trout water and it's warm water. Those trout are not supposed to be there. The PFBC biologists have said so. So the trout are the ones violating the regs and they should be ticketed ;)

HenryDavid

I passed by my local stream a couple times last week, it looked great but no time to stop. Now this week with temps in the 50's it's off limits to fishing. It used to be March 1st stocked streams were closed but I guess the fish commission needed an extra week to begin stocking. So it's only special regulation streams from now til opening day. I can't even imagine still water fishing for trout, my god how boring.

Don

I passed by my local stream a couple times last week, it looked great but no time to stop. Now this week with temps in the 50's it's off limits to fishing. It used to be March 1st stocked streams were closed but I guess the fish commission needed an extra week to begin stocking. So it's only special regulation streams from now til opening day. I can't even imagine still water fishing for trout, my god how boring.
That was my opinion as well. At Upper woods it is usually cast, retrieve, take fish off, and repeat three times. Stockies don't even resist.

MB3

Tobyhanna is chock full of Pickerel early to mid May. I've had 40+ in an outing. Mostly small ones but the occasional beast exists. Lots of fun on trout gear.

Don M

Stocked some very nice trout in my local stream yesterday. Over the years I have caught my fair share of 5 - 5.5 pounders. BUT for the 62 years that I have fished trout, I believe I saw the largest stocked trout I have ever seen in a creek. I had to be about 30" fat as a blue, my guess is that it will weigh in at at least 8 pounds. I do hope some kid catches it Saturday for mentor a kid day!! If not I know I won't catch it unless it's still around during the week. The hole it's in can accommodate I'd say 4 anglers, opening day there will be 20 I'm sure. I will be on that creek (Pennypack) but away from the crowds. Unfortunatley my annual trip is set back Thursday - Sunday opening week, and only 3 of the 4 of us can make it. We'll be off to mountain creek Gardners PA.
Oh Don 11 day till opening day;)

HenryDavid

Fished my local stream, DHALO section, fish are abundant, quite a few fishermen as well. Trout aren't really chasing much or going out of their way to eat my flies, going low and slow with wooly buggers and caught a few. Water is still pretty cold.

Don M

Yearly maintenance is done on all my UL reels weather they need it or not, Rods are cleaned up and coated with Perma-Gloss. I'm READY!!! Taking my great niece Saturday for mentor day, she will do all the fishing with some instruction of course. She is very excited to use her rod I built for her and Mitchell 308, as a Christmas present.

Grape

Stocked some very nice trout in my local stream yesterday. Over the years I have caught my fair share of 5 - 5.5 pounders. BUT for the 62 years that I have fished trout, I believe I saw the largest stocked trout I have ever seen in a creek. I had to be about 30" fat as a blue, my guess is that it will weigh in at at least 8 pounds. I do hope some kid catches it Saturday for mentor a kid day!! If not I know I won't catch it unless it's still around during the week. The hole it's in can accommodate I'd say 4 anglers, opening day there will be 20 I'm sure. I will be on that creek (Pennypack) but away from the crowds. Unfortunatley my annual trip is set back Thursday - Sunday opening week, and only 3 of the 4 of us can make it. We'll be off to mountain creek Gardners PA.
Oh Don 11 day till opening day;)
Oh don’t worry, some a-hole will be dragging it our way before a kid gets a shot at it … mentored youth day is a joke, 1 kid for every 8 adults is what I typically see .. and the kids fish for 15 mins and then go play while the old heads fish for the next 5 hours