Trout season 2022

Don M

Oh don’t worry, some a-hole will be dragging it our way before a kid gets a shot at it … mentored youth day is a joke, 1 kid for every 8 adults is what I typically see .. and the kids fish for 15 mins and then go play while the old heads fish for the next 5 hours
We have a great Game warden, and his wife is the top fish commissioner. They take their job very serious! And a lot of us regulars on the creek have their cell numbers. We have gotten rid of a lot of the A-HOLES!!!

Don

Grape,
Hey, do you hang with Mr Boot allot, LOL.

By the way thanks for the SixGill Facebook referral. Pretty nice.

Grape

Grape,
Hey, do you hang with Mr Boot allot, LOL.

By the way thanks for the SixGill Facebook referral. Pretty nice.
I have no idea what you mean 🤷‍♂️

Anytime, great products and even better customer service. I have 2 of their Autism reels arriving on Monday!

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

Should have good flows. I fished 1/2 day Thurs. and it was blown out well before sunset, local creeks were still ripping today.

Don M

Well it's trout season!!! Didn't get to go out with the 3 other guys, I've been fishing with for 40+ years. Third year in a row, hopefully next year we'll get it back together.
So I went to my local stream, expecting to be shoulder to shoulder. To my surprise it was just myself and another guy. In one of my favorite spots. Spent 1 3/4 hrs there, caught 11 trout and kept 5 (limit) for Croix (my dog). Next stocking some will be for me, I only eat them if the belly is still white. After a couple weeks they start tasting creeky.
Of course I took my 2 favorite reels.
Going back out tomorrow day break.

Attachments

• 2022 opening day.jpg
    2022 opening day.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 308 and 408.jpg
    308 and 408.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 2

Gremcat

Fished am, best was a15’ rainbow

Took kids out in afternoon. Both boys got a 12”ish fish. Daughter was up and found a hog of a Brookie. Thought the 19”x9” ones we caught before would remain the biggest. This one had them by a little. She wouldn’t hold it up for scale and boys where running all over.2CD38BD2-B6EB-43D5-A9DA-730DFBCFEC1B.jpeg029C4692-A269-4751-955A-B5B6E999C0FF.jpeg20933EF2-10EE-4709-B3CE-7AEABA9F566B.jpeg

Blackcat Outdoors

Left on the kyack Saturday afternoon and fished for a few hours to camp. Should've taken the fly rod. There was a caddis hatch coming off and that's all they were freaking taking. Dozens of trout jumping around the yak multiple times and nothing would hit anything I through.

Sunday morning I got two little bows in the wind and rain, before retreating to breakfast and my nice warm hammock. I hopped in with some other guys in the canoe, when the rain let up and froze my butt off, while they caught a few. All and all, still way better than anything else I could imagine doing on an early April weekend. 😁

IMG_20220402_165849773.jpg

IMG_20220402_163052666.jpg

Gremcat

Left on the kyack Saturday afternoon and fished for a few hours to camp. Should've taken the fly rod. There was a caddis hatch coming off and that's all they were freaking taking. Dozens of trout jumping around the yak multiple times and nothing would hit anything I through.

Sunday morning I got two little bows in the wind and rain, before retreating to breakfast and my nice warm hammock. I hopped in with some other guys in the canoe, when the rain let up and froze my butt off, while they caught a few. All and all, still way better than anything else I could imagine doing on an early April weekend. 😁

View attachment 3055

View attachment 3056
Your hat could be mine’s twin. DPC?