Trout season 2022

Melvinp

Yeah, I love it up there. I'm doing another trip in June starting closer to the gorge for a couple days. That'll be more small mouth focused though.

If anyone ever wants to kyack or canoe it, send me a message. I've been on that creek my whole life and know pretty much all the camping, fishing, resupply spots along it.
For sure it’s on the list

truecrimson

Burrrr. your reminding me of a few years back when we went to Assateague in early April. After that we decided never to go anyplace like that before May ;)

Looks like a lot of fun, and beautiful scenery.

MB3

Went back to Tobyhanna. Again it was dead. We know where to fish it and before long we found them. I had 6-7 and Shiela had a few of course. 2 boats in the water and one had to troll right where we were casting and Shiela caught his line. 5 total people, 2 boats on the water and the boater snags our line. Awesome!

Attachments

• PXL_20220404_194948460.jpg
    PXL_20220404_194948460.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

truecrimson

MB3. I’ve totally lost interest in PA opening day month of April.
Me too, but it's not the fish, it's the fisherman. Most places around here you can't slip a piece of paper in between the assholes and the idiots on opening day. They slowly drift away until a week or two later they only come out on weekends. 2 weeks after that they mostly gone.

Don M

Got out trout fishing today, creek was still running fast. Managed to catch 8, 5 rainbows & 3 browns. All were pretty nice fish. Since they only stock big ones, for opening day. Got em all on a gold Panther Martin. Couldn't keep the trout magnets down. Once again Croix will eat good.

Attachments

• 20220410_110503.jpg
    20220410_110503.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220410_104520.jpg
    20220410_104520.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

Melvinp

Got out trout fishing today, creek was still running fast. Managed to catch 8, 5 rainbows & 3 browns. All were pretty nice fish. Since they only stock big ones, for opening day. Got em all on a gold Panther Martin. Couldn't keep the trout magnets down. Once again Croix will eat good.
Gold panther Martian always a good trout spinner nice

Don

Melvin Really? Martian???

I used them in the little Lehigh years ago, dead of winter, sunny day, did well.
I'd use Trout magnets as well.

Good job Don!

Last edited:

HenryDavid

That's quite a hook jaw on the big bow