Trout season 2022

Don M

Stocked by local stream yesterday, looked like a second opening day. So without think I went to the to a fav. spot. Forgot it's pretty mush slow water, and got skunked, a lot of leaves though. This morning early on my 1st 12 cast using trout magnets I caught 8 turned 2 and missed 2 bites. Caught most on white, yellow, pink, and had a ball watching them attact the slayer ( crawfish). Ended up getting about 20 in 2 hours, 2 came home for Croix.

Solitario Lupo

Stocked by local stream yesterday, looked like a second opening day. So without think I went to the to a fav. spot. Forgot it's pretty mush slow water, and got skunked, a lot of leaves though. This morning early on my 1st 12 cast using trout magnets I caught 8 turned 2 and missed 2 bites. Caught most on white, yellow, pink, and had a ball watching them attact the slayer ( crawfish). Ended up getting about 20 in 2 hours, 2 came home for Croix.
Sounds like them trout are the only things biting now. Glad ya got into some.

Don M

The only thing good about fishing in and around Philadelphia. Is that a day or two after a stocking, I might see 4- 5 people on the stream. I hit 3 different spots today on Pennypack, and must have caught 25 trout. On everything but bait, artifical only.

Don M

Well to be honest I knew they put about 9-10 buckets up stream. I just gave them a couple days, to find the deeper holes down stream. And like I said almost like a private stream. TodayI caught 7 in 1 1/2 hours.
But here's something i'll bring up. While fishing I heard this gus cussing at his reel:eek:. He said he had to respool it. I kept looking and looking, finally asked him how much line, he was taking off. He responded all of it. When I said why not at least 1/2 and tie the new line to it. He never thought about it. How doyou respool line? Me I leave backing., and take the old line off with a drill and dowel.

Attachments

• drill.jpg
    drill.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 0

A-5

If I’m in pa ultralight. We are talking a very low number in line used so I’d probably leave 6” and Uni knot and full spool.

A-5

Now my Centerpin that has tons of line o. If when it gets twisted I’ll reel off like 50 yards a clip and keep fishing

Solitario Lupo

I’ve done it all on respooling line. Tied straight, left some and tied it together. Mostly with trout my spools aren’t a deep spool so I respool all.

Don

On spincast and Baitcast, all new.
On spinning and levelwind reels it’s open for discussion.

Gremcat

I unspool all but mostly cause I can’t settle on anything ever in my life and some new line must be all it claims, land 40 lbers on diameter of 1lb, never break a line, invisible to all, floats and sinks on command,

Not a real engineer but guess it makes sense I lead a team of them. If it ain’t broke it ain’t been Engineered enough

Last edited:

truecrimson

Engineers...

During the French revolution a priest, a thief, and an engineer are set to be executed by guillotine.

The priest is selected to go first. As he approaches the guillotine the executioner asks "How do you want to go, face up or face down?"
"Face up," the priest replies, "So that I am facing toward God when I die." They put him in face up, raise the blade slowly to the top and release it. The blade comes flying down toward the priest and STOPS, barely touching his neck. The executioner takes this as a sign from God and lets the priest go.

The thief is up next. "How do you want to go?" he is asked. "Face up worked well for the priest, I'll take that!" responds the thief. He is placed in face up. The executioner slowly raises the blade to the top and releases it. The blade comes flying down toward the thief and stops, barely touching his neck. They let the thief go as well.

Finally the engineer is brought up to the guillotine. "How do you want to go?" he is asked. "I like how face is going today, so I'll take that." he replies. The engineer is placed in face up. The guillotine is slowly raised to the top and just as it reaches the top he points up and yells "Hey! I see what your problem is..."