Tying for Crappy and Angry Gills.

Don

Caught 3 Pickerel and 5 Shiners yesterday. I was looking for Crappy, Gills and Perch. A guy that trolls there had over 15 Crappy and several of the others. Purple and Chatreuse. Guess which color I didn't have? So I spent the afternoon tying small stuff for next weekend.
IMG_4859 2.jpegIMG_4858.jpeg

Don

Yes. In another week or two it won’t matter as the fish will hit anything fir a while. My flies were largely unweighted and would surface two easily.

Don

What are you talking about? How will you make them heavier or lighter. I can't stand adding split shot. On certain flies the weight of the hook is plenty. I've been increasing my hook sizes a bit for weight.

Solitario Lupo

Hook size. Adding lead, beads, cones whatever works. Then how much material I add. All kinds of ways.

Like I’m just getting into jigs. When I add just my dumbbell eyes that’s perfect for a light current but when I added dumbbell eyes and jig bead it became to heavy and sank to drag on the bottom in light currents. Gets snagged easy in light but heavy current it swam and would sink perfect in the holes.

Don

fly fishing for Panfish at Gouldsboro: so far a simple Clouser, small #12 and long, Is the most productive by far.