Unbelievable. Like seriously unbelievable

A-5

Guys. I wish we all lived close enough to all meet there in the morning and grab a coffee and some unbelievable treats. You should see their iced coffee roll. Vanilla and chocolate are absolutely mind blowing

Don

Up near Melvins there are a couple of Krispy Kreams. One on Moosic St and another near Clark Summit.

Gremcat

Could call in a favor and get a dozen Donerds for a forum breakfast. They sell out in an hour or less everyday and cost a small fortune, like $40 for half dozen. I’ve bought them for a coworker as a thank you when she couldn’t get them. My neighbors share space and brought over a half dozen. Things like Cannoli cake donuts or maple bacon. I try hard to avoid but they look good.

Gremcat

Krispy Kreme was big in south IIRC. I liked Bella Napolis in NY. A KK opened in upstate and I remembered reading of waits for 8+hrs. Lasted like a year in the paper advertising the crazy waits. Heard it closed a few years after. NY is tough to crack on pastries/donuts with the Italian competition. Most prefer the heavier bakery doughnuts there. Donerds looks like that style. KK is more super fluffy light from what I recall. Doughnuts you could eat 3-4 alone.

NC State Fair is well known for crazy foods. Every year there’s wide press coverage of the latest fried something. One year it was a stick of butter. Corn on the cob, oreos, Reese’s, etc. One of our last trips they had Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburgers. I think they’ve made it to all fairs now. I couldn’t even think of trying it. Smell alone chased me off.

Gremcat

I stick to the KK coffee only if I’m ever at a site and they bring KK breakfast in for us. If it’s DD’s I usually use auto-vending cafe’s instant mess. DD’s must be the worst coffee ever. Like someone grabbed water from the Hudson, let it go stale, then mixed previously used coffee grinds into the water. Seriously awful stuff I’d feel bad giving to farm hogs. Most love it, my brother included. I admit, I used to get Java City news to roast their beans in caramel shells and grind my espresso real time. Might be a little picky, have no issues drinking trucker coffee though so can’t be too picky.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Never heard of that one. On the bright side. It looks like the Yum Yum that I pass on the way to Nox is almost finished being renovated. My waist line is looking so forward to that. Lol.

Gremcat

I’m a coffee snob. West wind is my favorite

View attachment 1367
Look up Java City News in Beaufort, SC. See if they’ll mail you their roasted beans and grind yourself. I swear, best coffee I’ve had anywhere. I always get an after dinner latte/espresso wherever I travel. Usually Corp dinner events at swanky restaurants. None come close honestly. They swear it’s the caramel shell roast. Might be other factors like the sea air.

Reactions: A-5