Waiting for the popper paint to dry

Don

I hear Ya. But I sure would like some guidance on tying that whompersinkerflythatwontdie. Do you have the recipe? would you be okay posting it?

Melvinp

I hear Ya. But I sure would like some guidance on tying that whompersinkerflythatwontdie. Do you have the recipe? would you be okay posting it?
Its just a olive wooly bugger on a jig hook with a tungsten bead

Don

60* or 90* jig. Slotted cones or not?

Did you add the legs before adding the hackle or before adding the chenile?

Last edited:

Don

No I wanted to tie a couple first and see if I like the tie before putting in an order where you mentioned. I owned and used a 5/32 bead and also 15 wraps of .015 lead wire on a 90* #8 jig hook. Copper wire, silly legs 'loop tied', sage green yarn in place of chenille, maraboo tail, Grizzly schleppen. Its all stuff I have on hand for this demo. If you're thinking that I'm on the right track and there is a consensus then I'll order the correct components and tie them better in this size (#8) and a larger one......say #2 or 1/0. Is that too large for Pickerel and LMB?IMG_4872.jpeg

Melvinp

60* or 90* jig. Slotted cones or not?

Did you add the legs before adding the hackle or before adding the chenile?
I wrap 3/4 up then add the legs and wrap in between them with my hackle and chenille

Don

Thanks I noticed all you guys leave you Maribou tails pretty long. Why? Too much in a hurry to pinch them back or do you really want them that long?