Walleyes through the ice?

HenryDavid

What's a good rig, bait, set-up for walleyes under the ice? I've had limited success but have caught them on tip-ups rigged with medium shiners,
jigging rapalas and spoon with minnow head. I've watched some videos of guys in Canada getting them on everything, wish we had the population
of eyes they have. I guess our best bet in Pa. is Belmont, Lake Carey, Wallenpaupack and the Susquehanna River if it gets enough ice.

pabassman

Susky is the best bet. Jighead/chub, hairjig/bigger fathead. Pimple or jigging rap with a minnow head are what we always used.

Nappy

I'm a jigger lakes char black os white bucktail

Suskys go to white glow head and squirrel tail jig and tipped with a sucker

Nappy

Great. How was the fight. 👍
Sweet lot of fun well until she got to the hole then it turned into a panic. Might go up to 6lbs test after tonight lost three nice fish one at the hole and the other two cut me off like 30 seconds into the fight. Lost a couple last year
Lesson learned lol. She was released unharmed to fight on anothert day.

Don

New Guy with question??? Why ice fish all night. Do they bite better or do you fish better. why nighttime?

Nappy

Because there's not enough time in the day. Walleye and crappie bite good at night and well not a lot of people making noise. Should also state I hate packing up to load and go. Lmbo

Don

Ah so you actually sleep in there half the night. The term Walleye means moon Eye in some indian language. Apparently indicating large eyes. I really like to eat Moon Eye but I’m not staying up all night to do it as I prefer ShutEye.

HenryDavid

Because there's not enough time in the day. Walleye and crappie bite good at night and well not a lot of people making noise. Should also state I hate packing up to load and go. Lmbo
LOL, I've had that feeling many times, staying out til 2am in my flip-over. Why would I want to go outside, it's too cold, I'll just stay here.

HenryDavid

Ah so you actually sleep in there half the night. The term Walleye means moon Eye in some indian language. Apparently indicating large eyes. I really like to eat Moon Eye but I’m not staying up all night to do it as I prefer ShutEye.
Here's a guy in Maine that camps out for several days on the ice. He's got it together. I enjoy watching his videos.