We have a new Moderator and other Site Stuff

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Solitario Lupo has offered to help with site Moderation along with A-5 and myself. SL will help with general forum moderation duties as we grow. SL brings prior experience in forum moderation and that is very welcomed.

Our friends here have done a GREAT job at continued participation and creating great content. So great that the spammers have found us and I know fellow anglers will soon too. I am learning a little more about search engine optimization and how to obtain more friends. You will notice that I have changed many forum descriptions. Those descriptions I have learned are VERY important with search engine indexing. In the beginning, I just filled something in to get the site running so now I am being specific with keywords and phrases to help us grow.

You may also notice that threads that you have created or posted in have moved to other boards. This is because I am trying to be a little more proactive in keeping topics in areas where they belong, once again, in an effort to get better search engine results.

Thank you for reading! Back to fishing discussion. ;)

truecrimson

Aw crap. I'm gonna be in trouble.

If you're looking for new people, I found the old site because PA Fisherman had posted ads on craigslist. It was in the For Sale section under boats and sporting goods, IIRC. I used to cruise that for cheap kayaks and gear, which I never actually bought.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Aw crap. I'm gonna be in trouble.

If you're looking for new people, I found the old site because PA Fisherman had posted ads on craigslist. It was in the For Sale section under boats and sporting goods, IIRC. I used to cruise that for cheap kayaks and gear, which I never actually bought.
That is not a bad approach. Old school.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
damn too many chiefs!!!
Not at all. In reality, just SL and A5. I want to live up to my title, behind the scenes nuts and bolts guy. I told A5 from the beginning, I did not want to have to be a moderator. Been there, done that, hated it!

Gremcat

Not there yet. But might be soon ;):whistle:
No I meant bribes so I could be,,, when sites are big there’s always those offensive guys that get away with being huge jerks and no repercussions. Never tried that suit on before. Probably not for me but doesn’t hurt to start scheming it.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Not at all. In reality, just SL and A5. I want to live up to my title, behind the scenes nuts and bolts guy. I told A5 from the beginning, I did not want to have to be a moderator. Been there, done that, hated it!
Just poking a little fun. Good to have all skillsets and schedules so to speak.

I could help but you’d all get banned. Mostly because I’d break something accidentally. Bam Bam is an unfortunately Earned nickname though I’m trying to be a more careful these days. It’s relative though, pretty much mangled a Manners Elite Hunter stock, a pre-64 model 70, my RockLock Flinter, a few rods, and got a lot of added rock rash on my newer reels this year including the Imperial,,, I’m on my 3rd or 4th laptop on as many years and this is phone 4 in 2 years, lol. That’s just my outdoors related stuff.

Gremcat

Manners and Model 70 headed to Montour at some point to get properly bedded and custom build done. I wasn’t to easy on that hard to get, pricey carbon fiber stock. Best left to pros. I bet it’ll still get hard use after though.