Weather

A-5

That’s funny. I just had a conversation with MB3 about this. Shahola falls. During trout season hike straight down the hill and fish the creek pretty cool. You just need studded boots. Very slippery. You can’t wade it but the moss on the rocks is insanely slippery

Reactions: MB3

Gremcat

Getting to the mouth isn’t too bad. For the most part, a trail down to the last hill. It’s the last hill where you have to get creative.

Been quite a few years since I’ve done it. I don’t know that it is something I would want to tackle today. Physically, I am probably in better shape today than when I last fished it as I got in shape during Covid but I’m older and stuff hurts the next day and the day after now. Lol.
It’s worth the hike, fair warning, a guy bought both sides of the access road and dropped a gate/posted it all up, he owns the access at the two or three roads up there that tie it all together too. I’ve not met him but he has “Tentr” sites setup all over, he had bridges and zip lines over the creek as well.

That last drop gets tougher as the heat kicks up. Be VERY careful up there. I was watching the path for rattlers in front of my brother and he stopped me about 2’ from stepping on one. All those tribs like Drakes, etc. are pretty loaded with Rattlers. There was a grown cub that kept running around then bend them sitting and waiting for us once too. I later ran into someone that lived there who said a few of the camps were feeding it, same as here, hiking out in the dark smelling like fish/game without flashlights is sketchy,

I won’t say I’ve not hiked off above the falls on a semi moonlit night with no flashlight but I don’t really advise it.

Gremcat

Another nice one that’s more accessible is parking at bottom of Drake’s, leave the bus turn around empty, hike the tracks down river 2-2.5 miles, Stoney comes in, go up river there and you’ll find a nice waterfall, above the falls are deep channels undercutting the bedrock. 20DD5E50-E63C-4561-8880-5D0D85A03685.jpeg

Gremcat

Above Glen Onoko in the dark with no flashlight, not recommended, That night wasn’t bad but other climbs around the area Ive gotten myself in trouble. Scaling boulders to get out that are minibus sized and break free or rock is disconcerting. When your too exhausted to go any other way and you’ve no water it is what it is. F88F2D38-E79E-4CCB-9464-4123D495F63E.jpeg

Gremcat

The mystery pic is Sawmill creek, runs into Po’ below Beltzville dam. A few real nice wild browns tucked in there too. Po’ has some as well.

Solitario Lupo

Another nice one that’s more accessible is parking at bottom of Drake’s, leave the bus turn around empty, hike the tracks down river 2-2.5 miles, Stoney comes in, go up river there and you’ll find a nice waterfall, above the falls are deep channels undercutting the bedrock. View attachment 1038

Looks like some nice fishing spots. Also some sounds with scenery

Solitario Lupo

The weather came lol. Boy I wanted some rain and in two days about in a hr a day not even. We get flooded out. Couldn’t even see to drive. Guessing the fish are happy.

MB3

That’s funny. I just had a conversation with MB3 about this. Shahola falls. During trout season hike straight down the hill and fish the creek pretty cool. You just need studded boots. Very slippery. You can’t wade it but the moss on the rocks is insanely slippery

I have a funny ass video from the Winter. It displays my inability to stay upright when slippery and my other inability. Having a civil tongue after having suffered another set back lol

Gremcat

Nice. I’ve fished Po a few times, even fished it with HD once.
Try Sawmill, pay special attention to the undercut grass above the falls😉

Or go up to Kresgeville FD and work your way down to the lake. No bad spots there if it’s the right time of year.

Gremcat

Upriver and right above lake is beautiful but private and Ive not cracked that but yet bad as I want to.