Weighted Worm Hooks

Don

Is anyone using these weighted hooks? I'd like to have your thoughts.

1675256025931.png1675256044248.png

Don

I understand that throat depth is a factor for using minnow and creatures. The smaller the throat the more it is for just worms. What say thee?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I don’t know that I would use this type of hook for a worm. This type of hook is for making things swim. I’d rather throw a Texas rig for a worm.

truecrimson

Creatures and flukes mostly. I tens not to throw a lot of artificial worms. But I have thrown worms on them too occasionally.

There are no rules. You can put whatever you think might work on it. Who knows, you might start the next big thing.

(Can't beleive I got through that without a single wisecrack about throat depth and worms ;) )

Don

Creatures and flukes mostly. I tens not to throw a lot of artificial worms. But I have thrown worms on them too occasionally.

There are no rules. You can put whatever you think might work on it. Who knows, you might start the next big thing.

(Can't beleive I got through that without a single wisecrack about throat depth and worms ;) )
Yes you are maturing TC and you respect your elders, good!

Troutspinner, some of the worms popular today are flat and the flatness is supposed to run horizontally......don't you keep up with TacticalBassin and the boys from Clear Lake? To keep the flat worms running flat there needs to be a ballasted keeling effect from the hook. At that point it could be tied onto a TR or CR.

Solitario Lupo

Not sure if I would use them on a worm but craws and swim baits.
I understand that throat depth is a factor for using minnow and creatures. The smaller the throat the more it is for just worms. What say thee?
I would use a small hook so they can bite it and don’t see it. Then just run a split up a little higher. For your smaller stuff.

How big are the worms you fishing.

Reactions: Don

Don

Just thought of it but smaller worms and something I think would work is powerbait trout worms on a smaller hook.
If I answer that question do you promise not to tell the others.....There are two lakes now that I fish for bass on purpose and not by accident....its tough as I hold my nose the whole time. The by catch is Big Rock Bass at the one lake and Pickerel at the other (though not many as they rarely hit worms). I'm also fishing Kieteck Minnows allot...all different ones. For the big Fat Swing Impact in weedy areas a deep hook would be in order I believe.

Don

Just thought of it but smaller worms and something I think would work is powerbait trout worms on a smaller hook.
I tried the powerbait trout worms and nothing was interested. I thought I may try Berkeley's Natural worms1285362_NAT_G_ExtrudedNightcrawler_Jar_MS.jpeg

I also have a worm farm started in my basement