Weights

Don

I will be using Texas rigs a little more this year and I want to know what is best as I'm about to make some purchases.

- What is your favorite weight in oz's?

- Is tungsten worth the extra cost?

- do you use eggs instead of cone shaped weights

-what else am I missing

This subject kind of dovetails with the hook thread I started a few days ago dovetails off Weekly Gear Talks.

Don

I agree and encourage you to continue engaging us with your astute wisdom and observations. Its your job...do your job.

Remember how many times you added up 2 + 2 until you were really sure it was 4? What were you then, 3? That is where I am with anything beyond a worm on a hook under a bobber. I need info beat into me. The experienced folks here don't seem to mind re-hashing old threads. Furthermore the trends change every year and if we ever want to look like Troutspinner on the water we need to pay attention.

By the way, where do you shop and what pliers do you prefer? Hahahahahahahaha

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

Best advice I can give ya on this one is. Read your waters. Slower water don’t need as much faster water need a good bit. Weeds you gotta get down threw more weight. Slow drift threw the water les weight. So on. Tungsten don’t have to be. Just smaller looking and heavier.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I echo @Solitario Lupo 's post on all aspects. Now I am going to get long-winded on something else. LOL

Bass are finicky as heck! One day you can nail them and you'll think you have them figured out and then the next day, nothing! Make the right adjustment and get them biting and then you're a genius again. I have gone from being skunked to nailing them with just a simple weight change, nothing else, same hook and plastic. Some days they want a slow fall and on others, a fast fall so make sure to grab several weight sizes.

I use bullet or cone for T-rig, eggs for Carolina Rig but I don't fish Carolina style much...I probably should give it more attention.

truecrimson

And get a variety. Tear drops with the eye clip onto snap swivels or tie on easy. Cones, bullets, eggs, etc slide great on line in front of a bait. The stick things do good at not getting caught on things. The big pyramids and bank sinkers get big baits down deep or hold better in moving water. etc, etc, etc.

Melvinp

Weight wise from my standpoint is that you need it all lol.The weight I’ve been using most lately are these because I’ve been trolling until this darn I e

Don

Lead heads!

Historically I’ve only used eggs and drop shot style sinkers for bottom fishing, flounder and catfish.