What a day. Thankful for a living God.

Don

Yesterday started early.
-Took sweetheart in for surgery to repair her blown out shoulder. Went longer than expected but it went well under the knife (according to surgeon).
-on the way home stopped to get her meds. When exiting the CVS a dog lunged out of a car and tore up my arm pretty badly (big Akita). I kicked the dog away in order to pick up the meds which I had dropped. With that kick four people poured out of their cars to assail me and protect the visions dog. They all thought I was abusing my dog as they had not seen the dog bite me. Then I showed them my arm. Most backed off. Meanwhile my daughter happened to be driving by and saw her dad standing in the middle of a crowd of angry men and she wheeled into the parking lot and called police. Then my one armed, freshly out of surgery wife gets out of my car and yells everyone that I was protecting myself and was not the aggressor. Spen the rest of the night in the emergency ward. -

-During all this. My niece# 1 becomes very sick with cold and other symptoms. She is five months pregnant and is caring for four kids along with her husband.

-My daughters I month old son came down with h his first cold.

-neice #2 is induced in am for a child with a serious disease and that child is not expected to live out the day.

-niece #3 grandmother died

-nephew #1 is divorced and is diagnosed with Covid. Because of the mandated quarantine he’ll not have his precious kids for Christmas.

What a go round. It’s nice to know to know we are sealed In the power of God’s love and will lean on him to carry us up and out of these difficult times and for eternity.

Attachments

• 2A644080-60D9-4B10-B5A7-A06E9F672949.jpeg
    2A644080-60D9-4B10-B5A7-A06E9F672949.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

Sorry to hear about it don. This year has really been a sh$t show for me as well. 2 more weeks left and I’ve still just been hearing more deaths and stuff going wrong.
I’m not one to really talk about my feelings but to tell you how my year went.
Cousin committed suicide at the beginning of the year. Then 5 months later his father my uncle fell down the stairs broke his neck and brain damage, passed away. Then 2 months my grandmother had a heart attacks passed away. So ya what a year it’s been.

All we can do is pray for it to get better.

Hope all is well.

Don

It will improve. I'm sorry for your losses. Prayer has been a big thing around hear as well. AndI'll remember you as well.

Don

Actually wife was given notice that her job is terminated mid-May. But for now we’re okay.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Wow! Just Wow! I don’t know what to say except to hang in there and keep a positive attitude towards everything…..as difficult as that may be.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Especially when we are hiding behind a screen name.

I'm glad we got a bunch of good people on this site as others are just trolls.

Reactions: MB3

MB3

Not much you can say other than I'm glad you are ok, wishing a speedy recovery to you and the wife and prayers for everything else to get better and stay better. Sounds like you deserve a break.

Melvinp

Unreal ugggggggggg press charges I have a dog that I’m sure wouldn’t always be friends but I make sure that she is always keep track off and never would be given the chance to bite someone unless of course you come in the house uninvited

Last edited:

Don

This whole story is one that will be repeated around the campfires for generations, re-telling will become just a bit more embellished. One out of control day. My dog is with me everywhere and staying home deprives him of socialization. He loves all fisherman and how they smell;)

Don

yes. As far as I know. I’ll be letting the insurance company decide it.
The police went to the Vet and confirmed that the dog was indeed up on shots.

Don M

I am sorry to hear all the bad news!!!
Don many years ago I dislocated my shoulder, doctors wanted me to stay in a sling 6 weeks. having 2 small children, that wasn't happening (I worked with my hands). So for years the shoulder would pop out, and i would massage it in. Seventeen years ago I fell down 13 steps and shattered the same shoulder in 13 places, and tore up a knee. I crawled up the steps and for 24 hours in excruciating pain I tried massaging the shoulder back in ( thought it dislocated again). Doctors said I would never life my arm above my chest. I did 3X The exercises for a year. I now have 90% of movement. And everything is held together with hardware. Though I do still cast a line with two hands. Tell the wife to be aggressive with her therapy, and endure the pain (**no pain no gain**).
I also got bit by a dog at the dog park. The owner of the dog fled the scene, I had to get 10 Rabie & filler shots, What a pain in the ass, literally.
So now I'd like to say: HAPPY HOLIDAYS & may the coming year be a great one for everyone!!

Reactions: A-5

Don

Wow Don you've been through the ringer like her. Kim had three babies with no pain meds and has had this shoulder repaired before with the full slice'n-dice. last summer she fell in Yellowstone and tore it badly again. Like you she is bent towards timely and aggressive therapy and I'm sure she'll ge going again. also like you she uses her left hand to assist the right when doing chores.
Thanks goodness they were able to find the Vet and verify the dog's rabies shot.
Happy Holidays to you and all as well!

Don M

You don't know all that has happened to me in 70 years "hard paper route". I stated I'm 250lbs. I think 10 of it is titanium between the shoulder & plating of ribs. But that will be some stories, went we get together next season;).

Reactions: A-5

Don

Bring your dog.....mine loves to go fishing. With clothing I'm 270's so lets shore fish for them there flatfish.....