What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Ordered a new vest type thing. I was kicking around the Fishpond Thunderhead setup but went with a sort of vest with pouches in the usual spots. Also my bro lost one of my nets this year and the big heavy net is a pain. I talked to the Rising Bite guy about a custom setup and looks like he’s since added the extensions we talked about for a modular net. I was considering maybe a Fishpond carbon fiber net when I stumbled onto a longish handle Burl one with clear rubber net that had been returned to Amazon for a damaged box. It ended up being $35 so no complaints. Rather than spend a few hundred to get something modular which is my typical MO I’ve decided for now to just have a few nets.

I did see the one you could mount a GoPro too. It looks a bit bulky but once I get another GoPro might be worth it.E71FE624-8C95-4E03-8FD2-2255BD85947E.jpeg

Gremcat

Pretty light and only 11” wide or something like that but deep pouch. I end up hiking miles down into spots and generally I know “roughly” where I am but it’s not clear paths. I’m forever retrieving my net from a tree. I’m also thinking if back swinging is still a pain I’ll get the holster for a wading Belt. Rather than upgrade my waders, vest, boots, net last spring I outfitted my Bro. Add in the $100kish in remodels we did adding his apt and what not along with a new Centerpin, CZ American (Thanks A-5) and a few large $$ projects coming up I’m trying hard to reign it in for a bit. I find when the weather is poor I shop for gear more in anticipation. Still have a Pre-64 model 70 .308 waiting to go out with the Manners EHS carbon fiber stock to become a custom and should upgrade my XBow string at some point.

Too many hobbies LoL

Gremcat

Bro was able to transfer his Union location too and he’s happily back working after an uncertain year. Blessed to be able to cover bills for both my house and his, it’ll be nice to see a savings account again though. At least until we repave one drive and pave a 24” x 15’ patch in the floating drive. That’ll hurt LoL.

Gremcat

Picked up a fresh order of Spinners for my Bro and added a few colors since we sometimes camp on one spot like at the private lake. I’m no spinner fisherman so rely on the guy making them for advice. This was my packaging not his. I just quickly separated. I need to get some more small divider packs and also setup my gear better. It’s all on a garage shelf at the moment or hanging on pegs. Probably will get a rod holder at some point too. 0362EEA9-3291-458A-9541-47263931B25F.jpeg

A-5

Lol. Grem our ultimate leader used to own his own spinner company. I’ve since duplicated his build. I can not top his quality but mine work. Look like yours. Mine are obviously for steel and smallies in ny

Last edited:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Picked up a fresh order of Spinners for my Bro and added a few colors since we sometimes camp on one spot like at the private lake. I’m no spinner fisherman so rely on the guy making them for advice. This was my packaging not his. I just quickly separated. I need to get some more small divider packs and also setup my gear better. It’s all on a garage shelf at the moment or hanging on pegs. Probably will get a rod holder at some point too. View attachment 123

Good looking spinners no doubt. Nice and heavy and will get down low.

Gremcat

Awesome stuff. Now you need a magnet for the net and your in like Flynn
I’ve been thinking of getting a net holster, I’ve a bunch of the magnets and they get weak on my. They also pick up a ton of little ore fragments on the Lehigh.

vest thing came in and it’s pretty odd fit. Feels awkward and twisted a bit. Probably send it back and get a Fishpond chest pack or something. They are pretty proud of them though.

Gremcat

Not shipping for another day but designed these. I don’t have this style and my first trip the loafer style was ideal but all Raven offered was so light (1.5-2.5 gr) even a light breeze on line affected them tremendously. These are heavier and I’ll get to try out a different style. Don’t know if the hype on various floats is true or if my meager attempts to float fish will notice a difference but it’s part of the learning curve with new things. These are 4-6-8 gr and I ordered two of each to see how I liked them.

Attachments

• F6CC49E7-F7D9-4AF7-98B1-23F2D92E0DAB.jpeg
    F6CC49E7-F7D9-4AF7-98B1-23F2D92E0DAB.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 2

Gremcat

Looks like Evening Hatch has the FishPond Switch Pack. Gotta get a chain come along for kids new zipline anyway. I don’t really flyfish yet but they had a Galvan Brookie 5wt reel that’s essentially drag less/clicker less that fits my unique fishing conditions beautifully. I need to upgrade waders and boots too. I hope I can hold out and just get the FishPond pack........ maybe some line....