What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Not fishing related but my wife won 2 of the days lotto December gun raffles. Rather than two small pistols I took store credit and ordered an O/U for my son and I to try. Never owned one or shot one. Never bird hunted really or rabbit but might be fun. Not a Beretta Pigeon but I think it’s a good first time O/U. Should be in when I’m back from West Palm Beach.

IMG_1138.jpegIMG_1137.jpegIMG_1136.jpeg

Don

Ugh! I'm in this thread too often. And of course I am going to be long winded about it. ;)

I fell in love with the Shimano Zodias Baitcaster I bought last year. The carbon fiber handle sets it apart IMO compared to similar priced rods so this year I wanted to treat myself to the next level up in a spinning setup and buy a Shimano Poison Adrena, the big pricey brother above the Zodias line.

Other than a trout rod, I have never bought a high end spinning rod for bass so this would be the first for me. Unfortunately, I learned that the warranty on the Poision Adrena is just one year. While I like my pricey stuff, I just can't buy something that expensive with that kind of warranty.

Fast forward to this month, St Croix introduced the Physyx line to compete with the Poison Adrena with a similar carbon fiber handle and a bunch of high end features like titanium guides, etc. but this one has a 15 year warranty and it's built in the USA. Coincidentally, Bass Pro sent me what would net to be a $30 coupon so I thought now or never, let's see if Cabelas has any stock in the size / action I wanted, they had 1, 1 was enough. ;)

View attachment 6042

I paired it with a new Shimano Vanford 2500 reel I bought a couple of weeks ago while BP / Cabela's had their trade-in days, saving $50 on that to create what I think is the perfect bass spinning setup for me. This rod and reel setup feels lighter than just the Triumph rod without a reel it is replacing. I can't wait to get it on the water.

View attachment 6043
Rod looks fun.

Melvinp

Not fishing related but my wife won 2 of the days lotto December gun raffles. Rather than two small pistols I took store credit and ordered an O/U for my son and I to try. Never owned one or shot one. Never bird hunted really or rabbit but might be fun. Not a Beretta Pigeon but I think it’s a good first time O/U. Should be in when I’m back from West Palm Beach.

View attachment 6056View attachment 6057View attachment 6058
That’s a nice one

Melvinp

Well what did I buy nothing yet just to the lawnmower to the shop for it’s spring tuneup probably belts and oil lol batteries still good lmbo