What did you Buy Today?

MB3

Thanks!! I'll have to grab a few tomorrow when it's not raining hopefully. Here's an older one.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190725_172908.jpg
    MVIMG_20190725_172908.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Things a monster, must’ve been labeled wrong because the web description said it telescopes to 6’. It’s almost 6’ of handle collapsed. Hoop is bigger than it looks too. Real deep rubber net. No funky cheap telescoping parts either just handle in handle of aluminum with 3 holes for extending. Like it a lot for the price. Might need a bigger holster though lol.View attachment 1177View attachment 1178View attachment 1179
Might have to upgrade my musky net for something like this. I have one it’s a big net that’s string. Sometimes their mouths get really tangled in it. Also get those big lures out are a pain. Last one got my shirt then pant leg and I was trapped with the fish in the net and me trapped to the net. Lol.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I did something stupid and exciting today. It looks like the Voyager jet boat will go up for sale. In return I'm getting unGodly long boat payments but reasonable ones. I get it in 2 Saturdays. They had a sale on this StarCraft Stealth 166 DC or the Starweld Fusion DC. Only 1 in stock of each and the showroom was full of buyers so I broke down. The Fusion had nicer features. This one had more storage, better seating and the integrated rail system. Even after adding an extra seat, 70# trolling motor and fish finder is was less than the Fusion by a little bit. The Fusion had 20 more horse, tilt steering, 8 inches longer and a radio.

Now for some serious buyers remorse, a beer and hoping I can get top dollar for the Voyager thanks to COVID. Apparently jet engines are hard to find.
I’m not a boat guy but that’s nice! You guys are a bad influence around here.

Reactions: MB3

Gremcat

You’d think all the yard work would be enough but the Cupola was shot and I ordered a new one. Rather than replace the damaged metal Eagle weathervane I went with a different theme. Think it’ll look good up there. Probably a few weeks before Cupola shows. About when I’ll be healed from the current manual labor. Stinks being the guy that hasn’t run earth moving equipment. I get to pay for it all and be the guy on the shovel.ABC1441B-2A7E-4DB9-92BD-29B3D105703E.jpeg

Gremcat

And nope, not muscular enough to flex, the arrow spun and the sharp end almost caught me in the throat. She wanted a pic so I leaned back to not get perforated.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A boat! ;)

2021 Crestliner Storm 1600 with a 20hp Mercury.

If you read my post about selling my Tracker and then ordering a new Tracker Grizzly to build out myself, then you know I wanted to go with small power to get onto HP Limited Lakes. You may have also seen that I ordered an electric outboard for electric only lakes. With this boat, electric only lakes will be handled with the Ultrex trolling motor currently sitting on the floor of my garage and will do just great!

The reason for this purchase. Before I ordered my Grizzly, I fell in love with this model Crestliner. Small enough to do anything but plenty of storage and deck space compared to my last boat. Unfortunately the dealer told me it would take 6 months or more to get one. That was when I decided I would build out my own boat and ordered the Grizzly. Fast forward to yesterday, I was anticipating picking up my Grizzly this week but the dealer told me it was pushed back 6 weeks, possibly more. Thanks for the great line of communication dealer! Ugh! He said he would understand if I wanted to cancel and get my deposit back. I told him just hang on for a day or two and I would get back to him.

Through the power of the internet and how it owns us in advertising, my local Crestliner dealer pops up in my YouTube feed last night and it got me thinking to look at their site and wouldn't you know, they just received 4 in! I called this morning, 3 were sold but the white one was still available and I snagged it. Ironically, white was at the top of my color choice so this was perfect!

I could not write them a check fast enough.....a fishing fool and his money, quickly parted! LOL. I'll hopefully pick it up this weekend, they need the check to clear and have some prep work to do. I've since cancelled my Grizzly order, no issue there but I am not sure if the dealer in Georgia will cancel my electric outboard order yet. I already paid for it so getting a refund while a motor is on a shipping container somewhere in the world could get dicey. Worse case, I can resell it if it hits my doorstep, they are in high demand and I see quite a few of them at Lake Nockamixon so I know someone will want it.

I cannot tell you how excited I am! And how much I have missed having a boat!

storm.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Just a quick update. The electric outboard dealer said no problem on cancelling and refunding so that is great!

Looks like my change of plans only cost me about $100 in materials that were already purchased that will not be used. Small price to pay for what I feel is going to be perfect for my future wants and other than a few accessories that will be installed the day I get it, is complete.

MB3

That is a nice boat, congrats and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm glad it all worked out for you. Now to get some decent weather to try it out.

Gremcat

Yeah, I keep looking at 50’ sailboats but have never sailed, I’m more in the “F” it burn it down and sail away crowd, figure the “Old Man and the Sea” fishing just comes with it. All started as good adventures do. I had coffee listening to captains In Beaufort, NC at 6 am. Only non-captain peering at the maps being beguiled with tales of the drunk yacht owner that went out against his captain’s direction and sank during that weeks Big Rock Tourney. Tales shifted to sail boats with owners giving them up to cover the yacht club costs.

I was inches when my last Org offered me a place I didn’t deserve. 17th hole off a sea island in SC/GA with empty docks. Trying to claw my way back ever since. My wife is apparently “not an island person”. Blank check, empty dock, 17th hole. I don’t golf and don’t care. Close as I’ve been to Curusoe or Hemingway in my life and getting more distant daily,,,,,