What did you Buy Today?

A-5

Gremcat

Listened to A-5 and dollar saving wisdom. Compass waders and coat coming. Dryft seems more costly than when I window shopped. I can trash 5-6 pairs of Compass for 1 pair of Dryfts. Coat was 3-1 cost wise. Might belong in heavy neoprenes anyway. I’ve ripped holes in neoprenes regularly in brushy edges. I’m curious to see how laminate waders hold up. Better to test on Waders that aren’t $500.

Last edited:

A-5

I wore my foot membrane out. But I filled them with water and found the leak. Probably get 3-5 years on $120. But when zippered come available I will buy. Make it 3 pairs I will have

A-5

My buddies own Drydt waders they are nice. But as Cat says. I can buy 5 to their one. Last 3 years that’s 15 years for the price of one. Now as for briars. Nothing holds up to them cat man!

Gremcat

I skipped the zipper and suspect I’ll regret it. Worst case I donate my new ones to my brother and I get a new pair. Dryft if I could try on first might’ve been an easy upsell.

Don M

I have only worn hip boots all of my fishing life. Someone want to give me a middle of the line cost, for wading set up. I never have researched it.

HenryDavid

I have only worn hip boots all of my fishing life. Someone want to give me a middle of the line cost, for wading set up. I never have researched it.
There's nothing wrong with boot foot waders but I've found that the rubber boot soles are not very good traction on slippery rocks.

For stocking foot waders you might find a good deal under $100 but I would stick with reputable brands. If you're not going to spend 100's of hours in them you could probably find something decent for around $150. Then you will need to purchase wading boots and you don't want to scrimp on the boots. Quality boots will save the life of your booties on your stocking foot waders and you want good traction. Korkers are a very good brand and maybe the most popular, they go for around $150 and up. You can spend a lot more on wading gear but you can easily get started with a budget of around $300.