What did you Buy Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Suffix Siege. From 4lb trout line to 20lb gator Blues it just doesn't like to break. To kick start my re-introduction to fishing I'm looking at a new spinning rod. Just don't know what I want.
Really. I’m going to have to look into that.

MB3

If there was a comet racing towards Earth and we used Sufix mono in a web pattern strung between 100s of satellites in space it would stop it.

Little known fact, Wonder Woman carries Sufix braid with her in case her lasso breaks.

It does all of that and gets fish in your hands. :)

(Sufix, please scour the web for my undying support and send product) lol

Don

Can any of you prove your claims. I know mark claims to be married to Wonder Woman but how can we trust without proof. I like XL but in a perfect world with unlimited resources I bet I’d like Suffix more. I dislike XT.

Gremcat

Can any of you prove your claims. I know mark claims to be married to Wonder Woman but how can we trust without proof. I like XL but in a perfect world with unlimited resources I bet I’d like Suffix more. I dislike XT.
Bet you wouldn’t, I’ve a bunch of Suffix up to their new CoPols, never ever ever again. Gets below 15 degrees and even new line gets ridiculous memory. First time ever I had to throw out half a spool creek side. Their braid tangles on spool something fierce. I’m really disappointed in Suffix performance for the cost. A spool of 300 is $35 or more. Stuff should be flawless.

Gremcat

I’m now going the way of our fearless leader A-5, Trilene on most, Transoptic I’m liking in 6 lbs. 4 lbs. I’m undecided. It casts great but seems real brittle but I don’t have a great sampling yet. Running Blue or Gold Seaguar leader for all fishing 4-12 lbs. costly for so much leader but considering all the money we spend on this hobby having a leader break on a big fish trying to save a few bucks.

One thing I’ve started is splicing in a little section of 10 lbs. Amnesia. It gives me visibility in low light. I’ve not tried it yet on my UL spinning rods but I’m thinking I’ll need to figure out min/max distance I bottom bounce to get to a good splice point. I do need to work on seamless splices. When splicing amnesia to fly line I’ll strip fly line to core vs. loop connectors. Adding a dab of UV knotsense catches the guides. Next test is using braid on butt splices. I’ve tried a few splice knots but not braid or braid loops.

Gremcat

6 lbs Transoptic is awesome but when I first switched I noticed it had memory. It cast 30% further I bet. The added reach is why I stuck with the line. After a few trips it settled down and is now my favorite. It’s a weird line, sort of reminds me of a mono version of chameleon fly leader. Has that slick semi wire feel to it but behaves like a thin slick mono.

Gremcat

I was getting hammered by rain at dark on 4lbs. The brittleness may be just a one off or line Knick. Once I get more time with it I’ll report back. I bet I have 30+ spools of premium lines I’ve tried or I’m trying.

TT, I’ve still not tried FC Sniper but it’s on my list. I don’t know if it’ll behave like Flouro mainline with memory or if it’s more a leader material. I don’t use or know BaitCasters so spinning only really.

Gremcat

If there was a comet racing towards Earth and we used Sufix mono in a web pattern strung between 100s of satellites in space it would stop it.

Little known fact, Wonder Woman carries Sufix braid with her in case her lasso breaks.

It does all of that and gets fish in your hands. :)

(Sufix, please scour the web for my undying support and send product) lol
To get started get Z to spin you a one piece MHX rod like he made me. Split grip and UL. I can underhand cast almost no weight a lot further than even my new St. Croix 7’ Trout rod. It loads so easy. I just put a Presidential XT or whatever on it. It’s a 15 series tiny reel that really balances the 6’ or 6’6” ul blank amazingly. My brother hates long rods and he landed a very heavy 24.5” brown on it. He’s converting slowly to the longer rod, leader, swivel setup. He’s always been a hook to mainline with minimal to no hardware including shot. Conditioned by decades of Brookie chasing in the ‘Dax on tiny water.

For the cost of St Croix and others I’d go to Z or 13Fish has a new rod coming out that missed last year. It’s a one piece split grip Fiji guide setup for $135 or something close. I’ll find a link.

MB3

I think I'd pull the trigger for BOGO. I do love deals!

I absolutely love my Fenwick Eagle trout rod. I modified the butt and trout season wouldn't be the same without it. I need something like that for Bass, I'll check that link out you sent. Thanks!!

MB3

Anyone ever try these? They look interesting for Bass. The eyelet clicks into and out of place once beyond the loop. No squeezing, failing, bending, etc.

Attachments

• PXL_20220407_211416362.jpg
    PXL_20220407_211416362.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Melvinp

I’m now going the way of our fearless leader A-5, Trilene on most, Transoptic I’m liking in 6 lbs. 4 lbs. I’m undecided. It casts great but seems real brittle but I don’t have a great sampling yet. Running Blue or Gold Seaguar leader for all fishing 4-12 lbs. costly for so much leader but considering all the money we spend on this hobby having a leader break on a big fish trying to save a few bucks.

One thing I’ve started is splicing in a little section of 10 lbs. Amnesia. It gives me visibility in low light. I’ve not tried it yet on my UL spinning rods but I’m thinking I’ll need to figure out min/max distance I bottom bounce to get to a good splice point. I do need to work on seamless splices. When splicing amnesia to fly line I’ll strip fly line to core vs. loop connectors. Adding a dab of UV knotsense catches the guides. Next test is using braid on butt splices. I’ve tried a few splice knots but not braid or braid loops.
I always liked the transoptic had good luck with it over the years

Melvinp

I was getting hammered by rain at dark on 4lbs. The brittleness may be just a one off or line Knick. Once I get more time with it I’ll report back. I bet I have 30+ spools of premium lines I’ve tried or I’m trying.

TT, I’ve still not tried FC Sniper but it’s on my list. I don’t know if it’ll behave like Flouro mainline with memory or if it’s more a leader material. I don’t use or know BaitCasters so spinning only really.
Try seaguar red not ridiculous in price but pretty good stuff why spend extra money for nothing but the newest thing