What did you Buy Today?

Melvinp

Like to know how they attach to the boat. One thing I never really got into was trolling around in the boat.
Actually just messed with the 8 pounders we have the other day and let me tell yea the cable can cut the heck out of ya if you’re not careful the 4 pounders are for more local water.next time I get a chance I’ll take some pictures of our down rigger set up but I can say that we had to reinforce the box’s they are mounted on.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I tried my own carp bait with pellet food. Nothing. Works better with just a plain doughball recipe. Or just throw some bread on the hook. As for pellet heads they love it when you throw a couple handfuls in the water.
I did well with them on carp. Well elderly dog food with a hook through but imagine these be the same. Used single corn kernel as a 20 yo harassing carp in an Erie runoff. Imagine if I’d realized water around Canandaigua had steelhead?!? Life would’ve turned out very different.

Bootfoot

Nothing sexy but I’ve been meaning to buy one of these for my boat for a while now. This thing is a 1000 amp jump pack that is only slightly larger than my iPhone. Other than price, theres nothing to hate about lithium batteries. I can’t wait for a reason to test it out.

Attachments

• 7ED6ECD5-4EE3-42A1-8D73-75E662E34232.jpeg
    7ED6ECD5-4EE3-42A1-8D73-75E662E34232.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 3

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Nothing sexy but I’ve been meaning to buy one of these for my boat for a while now. This thing is a 1000 amp jump pack that is only slightly larger than my iPhone. Other than price, theres nothing to hate about lithium batteries. I can’t wait for a reason to test it out.
Nice! I have one of them by Noco. On my last boat, I may have stranded myself lol and used the electronics too much that day. There forward, I started carrying jumper cables as I could borrow from the TM batteries if I needed a jump but then I seen a deal one day and bought the Noco.

Unfortunately, now it just sits on a shelf. My current boat has the 20hp motor and while it is electrical start, it is also pull start.

I’ll find something to use it with though. It’s suppose to be able to start a car.

Bootfoot

I needed one because I use my batteries until they die and I’m to old to pull start a 30 year old 115. Plus these things take up less room than a set of cables. As if that were not enough its also a flash light and cell phone charger. The NOCO is highly rated and will most definitely start a car or a couple dozen cars depending on charge level. The days of the battery cart and jumper cables just went the way of the floor mounted high beam switch, which I really miss.

truecrimson

Bought these a couple of weeks ago. Never got around to posting them. Walmart specials (I hate Walmart). Bought 2 of each color.
image000000 (1).jpg

These I bought yesterday, because TS is a bad influence ;) Again Walmart (I hate Walmart). They had a whole rack of the green pumpkin, but only one of the PB and J. There are supposed to be two other colors. I checked 4 Walmart's (I hate Walmart) in my travels and despite what the website said only one location had any at all.

image000004.jpgimage000003.jpg

Wife talked me into looking on Amazon, because I don't want to pay $4 and up for one jig. So these arrived today. The one's in the ziplocks are 3/8 and the ones in the non ziplocks are 1/2.

Sometime, last week I think, I picked up some craws (crawls?) and other trailers at Sportsman's Warehouse. I'll post pics of those next time I go by storage.

image000000 (2).jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Bought these a couple of weeks ago. Never got around to posting them. Walmart specials (I hate Walmart). Bought 2 of each color.
View attachment 3289

These I bought yesterday, because TS is a bad influence ;) Again Walmart (I hate Walmart). They had a whole rack of the green pumpkin, but only one of the PB and J. There are supposed to be two other colors. I checked 4 Walmart's (I hate Walmart) in my travels and despite what the website said only one location had any at all.

View attachment 3290View attachment 3291

Wife talked me into looking on Amazon, because I don't want to pay $4 and up for one jig. So these arrived today. The one's in the ziplocks are 3/8 and the ones in the non ziplocks are 1/2.

Sometime, last week I think, I picked up some craws (crawls?) and other trailers at Sportsman's Warehouse. I'll post pics of those next time I go by storage.

View attachment 3292

Lol. Yes I am! Many friends can confirm this.

Gremcat

I like obnoxious bright colors, lol. It helps when you set it down. Camo everything or OD green most gear is gets lost. I like pink floats too. When 3-5 guys drifting a slot the bright pink stands out. You’ll laugh but in Erie with some old guys we’ve lost track of whose float just dropped or where they even are. You end up counting a lot to make sure no one is hooked up. It detracts from the creek side dialogues. Even worse when a fish disrupts. Takes an hour for all to go back to demoralized half effort so conversation can commence.