What did you Buy Today?

Bootfoot

I didn’t say I wouldn’t spend money, I just don’t like to spend money. I am trying to spend more money on things since my money is just piling up in the corner doing nothing special. fortunately our politicians are helping me with that.

At 169.00, that’s a cheap fly rod. It was only a few dollars more than what it costs to fill up my truck and mower gas can. I have a TFO BVK 8wt and a TFO Lefty Kreh signature series 3 wt so this one split the cost difference of the two.

I also like the warranty. Break it and they send you a new section for 35 bucks. I can close my tailgate with reckless abandon at that price. Aren’t those Doybns rods around 500 bucks? I wouldn’t spend that kind of money or even close to 500 on a rod ever.

HenryDavid

Be styling while not catching fish at creek, lol.View attachment 3334
When I used to fish the Susquehanna with spinning rod and fly rod I would leave one setting on the shore, by dark it was sometimes hard to find the one left behind. I started using a short length string of LED lights that were designed for a hammock to mark the spare rod. One night my flashlight died so I wrapped the string lights around a pole and used a sort of Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber to see my way back out. My point is, bright colored stuff definitely has it's advantages.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I didn’t say I wouldn’t spend money, I just don’t like to spend money. I am trying to spend more money on things since my money is just piling up in the corner doing nothing special. fortunately our politicians are helping me with that.

At 169.00, that’s a cheap fly rod. It was only a few dollars more than what it costs to fill up my truck and mower gas can. I have a TFO BVK 8wt and a TFO Lefty Kreh signature series 3 wt so this one split the cost difference of the two.

I also like the warranty. Break it and they send you a new section for 35 bucks. I can close my tailgate with reckless abandon at that price. Aren’t those Doybns rods around 500 bucks? I wouldn’t spend that kind of money or even close to 500 on a rod ever.

I hear ya. The Dobyns do go up that high but they actually start about $130. I got the Champion XP series. IMO, It’s their top of the line before you get into the custom over the top, I like bling, this is more about looking good than fishing in their Extreme or Xstasy series.

Bootfoot

Oh I didn’t see the 130 dollar ones. Once I seen 500 bucks I didn’t look any further. 100 to 200 is about what I spend on a rod and I’ll spend between 100 and 300 for a reel Depending on my anticipated use. Pretty much for bass fishing or other small fish I spend less on the reel but more on the rod since you don’t really need a good drag for bass, trout, walleye and what have you. For my striper rods ill spend less on a rod but more on the reel because you need a really good drag. i Just need my striper rods to not break and ugly sticks are great at not breaking.

MB3

I didn't buy it yet but the second we got off the water the day went to hell. At one point I looked over the the tip of my 3wt set up was dangling on the line. No good deed goes unpunished.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Oh I didn’t see the 130 dollar ones. Once I seen 500 bucks I didn’t look any further. 100 to 200 is about what I spend on a rod and I’ll spend between 100 and 300 for a reel Depending on my anticipated use. Pretty much for bass fishing or other small fish I spend less on the reel but more on the rod since you don’t really need a good drag for bass, trout, walleye and what have you. For my striper rods ill spend less on a rod but more on the reel because you need a really good drag. i Just need my striper rods to not break and ugly sticks are great at not breaking.
I’m very similar with the drag being more important than the rod when it comes to stripers. All of my saltwater gear is St Croix Triumph, Mojo Bass or lower level Penn. Freshwater though, I do like a reel to be silky smooth so that I don’t think about it and only notice the sensitivity of the rod….that however, comes with a price.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I kept finding myself taking what I believe is the perfect 3/4 ounce football jig rod in my Dobyns Champion XP and switching it up to Texas rigs. It handles that task well so I opened up my wallet this week and got it a sibling. Almost identical in every way except just a tad lighter. The jig rod being the 704c and it’s new sibling the 703c. Can’t wait to give it a run this week.

0158A48B-3ABF-4AF6-9C96-3FDFAB8182C4.jpeg

Blackcat Outdoors

Blackcat and I swear by them. I got both my brother and my brother in law into them as well. If fact I had one that day on your boat ;)
Hard to beat price wise, when you can change shells for about $12 and have it fit a whole other gun. I have 2 IWB and 1 OWB and 1 paddle backer and shells for probably 10 guns.

truecrimson

I have an OWB, and an IWB in the old style for 1 gun (Kahr CW9)and the shape shift Core Carry Pack with shells for 3 guns (Glock 19/23, Springfield XDS, Springfield XD Mod 2).

My BIL already had the shapeshift Core Carry Pack for his Hellcat. We actually gave it to him for Christmas 2020 IIRC. He had bought a cheap holster when he got the Hellcat but has not used it since we gave him the alien Gear. So we just ordered a shell for his 1911.

Most comfortable holsters I have ever found.

MB3

Compass 360 Deadfall Z stout waders are on the way. 4 day weekend coming up, I plan on putting them to work.

Amazon has them on sale for $180 if anyone is on the market. I saw a thread where a few people really liked them . My current ones are water tight but the chest opens to a work area and the zipper is shot. In the pile of things to sell they go!

A-5

Compass 360 Deadfall Z stout waders are on the way. 4 day weekend coming up, I plan on putting them to work.

Amazon has them on sale for $180 if anyone is on the market. I saw a thread where a few people really liked them . My current ones are water tight but the chest opens to a work area and the zipper is shot. In the pile of things to sell they go!
I have them may you pee freely my friend!

MB3

I almost did that when I saw orange today. We battled mud the whole time. Can't wait to get in and walk the river... and pee freely lol 4 day weekend coming up, we usually avoid state parks at all costs on holidays so I think we may hit the river a bunch.

Gremcat

Realized I wanted to carry dual rods again but no desire for the dual rod pack on my back all day. I decided to get this instead. We’ll see how it works with just the swing away waist setup. Might add the magnet tip portion to the new pack if it has a mounting point in a good location.
DBB34617-64F7-470C-8BA7-99E1C29941B8.jpeg

Melvinp

I replaced my 89 dollar cabelas 5 wt combo that I crushed in my tailgate last week. Picked up a TFO Lefty Kreh Pro II. Should be about all I need.
I’ve had a 9ft 9wt kreh for years with no problems landed a few big fish on it and it’s made some funny noises but never broke.

Reactions: Don