What did you Buy Today?

MB3

PXL_20220715_191925446.jpg
I've been doing OT the last month so time to waste some of it. I snagged it for $30 off during Amazon Prime Days. Just like the other reel it is super smooth, feels well made and nice sounding drag. The green in hindsight isn't my favorite color but the fish won't mind. I am definitely a Lews fan so far. If the over time keeps up I'm looking at the Hypermag spinning reel but that will be a while. I'll try this out tomorrow, already spooled and mounted.

Don

And you spooled it with? And why?
I love the Green. Lews is a cool company. Is that a size 40 reel?

Last edited:

MB3

And you spooled it with? And why?
I love the Green. Lews is a cool company. Is that a size 40 reel?
10 lb Sufix mono, mostly for top water, bent V spinners, Texas rigged worms through heavy cover.

I carry a few rods set ups with different lb test from 6-10lbs. It is a 30 size reel. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, looks like overcast and light winds. Doesn't get much better.

A-5

10 lb Sufix mono, mostly for top water, bent V spinners, Texas rigged worms through heavy cover.

I carry a few rods set ups with different lb test from 6-10lbs. It is a 30 size reel. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, looks like overcast and light winds. Doesn't get much better.
Braid for top water

Bootfoot

I've been doing OT the last month so time to waste some of it. I snagged it for $30 off during Amazon Prime Days. Just like the other reel it is super smooth, feels well made and nice sounding drag. The green in hindsight isn't my favorite color but the fish won't mind. I am definitely a Lews fan so far. If the over time keeps up I'm looking at the Hypermag spinning reel but that will be a while. I'll try this out tomorrow, already spooled and mounted.
I have this reel in the 400 size on a medium action mojo spooled with a forgotten brand of 10lb braid because in bootfootville braid is better. 30 bucks was a deal. Ive had it for two or three years and have no complaints. Just for comparison sake, I bought a quart of polyurethane for 32 bucks yesterday. you did very well.

Don

Lookin forward to your review.

Don

I have this reel in the 400 size on a medium action mojo spooled with a forgotten brand of 10lb braid because in bootfootville braid is better. 30 bucks was a deal. Ive had it for two or three years and have no complaints. Just for comparison sake, I bought a quart of polyurethane for 32 bucks yesterday. you did very well.
That is a great testimonial.

MB3

Lookin forward to your review.
Lew's = smooth. I notice the bail wire is thicker and a more positive feel when operating. The drag is smooth and solid. These are mid range reels and they perform almost as well as my Quantum Smokes at half the price. I don't care for the standard 2 piece handle, the screw backs off like every other reel I've had like it. I do like knob on the handle though, solid grip. We will see about longevity but it feels built to last.

Don

Thanks for the review. Tonight, drifting down snake River I caught the biggest sucker that I’ve ever caught. 15-16”. This after breaking my new rod by dropping an oar on it.
Then I went on to catch the smallest Bow I’ve ever caught. BREAKFAST!