What did you Buy Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Honestly I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it lol. It was an impulse buy because I got a good deal. I just dont think I will get that much use from it.

If you're into Crappie and Panfish, you'll love it but it does change your style a bit because you can get caught up in video game fishing. For Bass, I use it to confirm what structure looks like on down and side imaging. Getting that 3D picture really puts things into perspective and it will make you a better side and down imaging reader.

It has helped me to see how Bass react to different presentations, especially offshore. When you see them just let your offering go by you know to change it up and then you get the right bait or even cadence and it's game on. It will make you a more efficient angler but I won't lie, it takes alot of time and tinkering to get to the point where it can consistently help you.

pabassman

If you're into Crappie and Panfish, you'll love it but it does change your style a bit because you can get caught up in video game fishing. For Bass, I use it to confirm what structure looks like on down and side imaging. Getting that 3D picture really puts things into perspective and it will make you a better side and down imaging reader.

It has helped me to see how Bass react to different presentations, especially offshore. When you see them just let your offering go by you know to change it up and then you get the right bait or even cadence and it's game on. It will make you a more efficient angler but I won't lie, it takes alot of time and tinkering to get to the point where it can consistently help you.
Thats what I've seen. I would probably use it for panfish more than anything. I'm a night, power fisherman at heart. Crank,chatter,spinnerbait are my weapons 95% of the time bass fishing at night. Striper and eyes the same thing. Your ears are just as important as anything when fishing them. Hearing bait on the surface, then the blast is what I'm after. Rouges, 3.8 keitech and a spook. All of the nightbite is under 10 feet. Mostly 1 to 5 feet. A couple guys I know that are pretty good with livescope say its less a player for shallow water fishing. I have waypoints on several brushpiles in 20 to 35 feet thay hold perch and crappies in the early spring and late fall. It would be great to get a better look at those areas.

MB3

20221015_103958.jpg
Picked these up at an Estate sale and a solid wood rocking chair. All for under $100. The wood reel was $5! I think I'll sell the Penn 4/0 Senator Special. It's barely used, wound with wire and all metal hardware, not the cheaper newer stuff. It was too clean to pass up.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I added a Dobyns 702c to ride along with my 703c and 704c. The new 702c is replacing my G.Loomis I was throwing Ned Rigs with. While I do love that G.Loomis, it was too heavy of a rod to throw light Neds.

These rods aren’t cheap but lifetime warranty and minimal cost to replace when? if? I break them myself coupled with their performance make them worth every penny to me.

FEFFEDBD-C114-406C-87DD-34996A62BE28.jpeg

Melvinp

I added a Dobyns 702c to ride along with my 703c and 704c. The new 702c is replacing my G.Loomis I was throwing Ned Rigs with. While I do love that G.Loomis, it was too heavy of a rod to throw light Neds.

These rods aren’t cheap but lifetime warranty and minimal cost to replace when? if? I break them myself coupled with their performance make them worth every penny to me.

View attachment 4311
Another weapon to the arsenal

Don

I hope you had time to try it now. And I’d like to know more about what you look for in a Ned rod. I’m not sure I’m in the same price category as you and A-5. But I’ve been looking at some of the cheaper Shimano’s for next year.