What did you Buy Today?

truecrimson

Damn.... you jumped right in there brother!!!!
Yeah, I really need a winter getaway. And rather than give me cash like usual, all the inlaws went with BP gift cards for Christmas. And honestly there is nothing else I need from BP/Cabela's so ….here we are.

To bridge to the other thread, in the last 2 weeks I took 2 extra days off, using my Christmas and New Years holidays instead of working my normal schedule and getting the extra money. I'm going to try to fish or hit the range at least one day each week. Unfortunately last I checked we have too much ice to fish from the bank or launch a kayak, but not enough to ice fish.

Looks like someone is waiting for the ice to come back.
I am not only waiting for it, I am looking for it. I think I've probably called every state or local park with a lake in a 2 hour radius. ;)

You can put some small jigs and plastics in those bait pucks. The bucket can double as a seat. On less windy or cold days you could just bring the sled & auger and a folding camp chair.
Don't I need to put bait in a few of them? ;)

I still need the ice safety kit. Going to have to order that when I can get permission ;) No one has it in stock, except Dick's in Wilkes Barre. I hate Dicks, and I didn't know that no one else had it when I was there the other day.

If we get ice I will probably go without the float bibs for a while. They are on the agenda, but will have to wait a bit.

Blackcat Outdoors

"Unfortunately last I checked we have too much ice to fish from the bank or launch a kayak, but not enough to ice fish."

Saw 2 kyackers on the river just below selinsgrove on my way home today. I'm unfortunately working on laying flooring in my family room again this weekend or I might be down for a quick trip down that way.

Screenshot_20230106-190935.png

Saw one guy launching a sit on top with an electric motor on it here along with a couple bank fishing also. No ice that I could see.

Melvinp

N
Yeah, I really need a winter getaway. And rather than give me cash like usual, all the inlaws went with BP gift cards for Christmas. And honestly there is nothing else I need from BP/Cabela's so ….here we are.

To bridge to the other thread, in the last 2 weeks I took 2 extra days off, using my Christmas and New Years holidays instead of working my normal schedule and getting the extra money. I'm going to try to fish or hit the range at least one day each week. Unfortunately last I checked we have too much ice to fish from the bank or launch a kayak, but not enough to ice fish.

I am not only waiting for it, I am looking for it. I think I've probably called every state or local park with a lake in a 2 hour radius. ;)

Don't I need to put bait in a few of them? ;)

I still need the ice safety kit. Going to have to order that when I can get permission ;) No one has it in stock, except Dick's in Wilkes Barre. I hate Dicks, and I didn't know that no one else had it when I was there the other day.

If we get ice I will probably go without the float bibs for a while. They are on the agenda, but will have to wait a bit.
Nothing you need at cabelas or bass pro dude I’m sure I could find ya something lol. I would much rather buy local but I gotta say that I feel like a kid in a candy store when I actually go to those places but really I buy very little just mainly What I want to see first hand not on a screen

truecrimson

"Unfortunately last I checked we have too much ice to fish from the bank or launch a kayak, but not enough to ice fish."

Saw 2 kyackers on the river just below selinsgrove on my way home today. I'm unfortunately working on laying flooring in my family room again this weekend or I might be down for a quick trip down that way.

View attachment 4618

Saw one guy launching a sit on top with an electric motor on it here along with a couple bank fishing also. No ice that I could see.
I did say last time I checked.

I don't have anyone to run shuttle for a river trip. Maybe one day...

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

N

Nothing you need at cabelas or bass pro dude I’m sure I could find ya something lol. I would much rather buy local but I gotta say that I feel like a kid in a candy store when I actually go to those places but really I buy very little just mainly What I want to see first hand not on a screen
I have all the regular rods and tackle I need. What I need is time and they don't sell that there ;)

MB3

I got that Kastking camo backpack tackle bag a day early. My first Kastking purchase and I was a bit hesitant with ot being an off brand, to me at least.

First impression, it is well made. It comes with a rain cover, drink and rod holders, side pockets, XL front pocket with sleeves to hold packaged soft plastics and 4 plastic trays with dividers. One thing that stands out? The 4 trays have all of the dividers trimmed and in place already. I HATE having to trim them all to fit right. That was nice.

With having a back pack I can have everything upright with a smaller foot print for easy access in the boat or throw it on my back should I fish from the shore. Xmas money well spent.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Stocking up! No pics but I was able to get the guy who made me Ned Jigs 2 years ago to make me another 100. When I ran out of them this past season, I had another person make them for me and while they were good, they just didn’t live up to the characteristics of the jigs from 2 years ago. Picky, I know but we all have our crutches.

I also ordered a separate mount for my Livescope transducer. It will still stay mounted to the trolling motor but now I can independently turn it so I can stay focused on an object while the trolling motor turns to hold me in place with spot lock. Other than that, I’m ready for Spring!

truecrimson

No pics but the ice safety kit, dog bone tip up, and Norfin float suit arrived earlier this week. So I'll be ready for the 3 or 4 days of ice next December ;(

We went down to Philly for my BILs birthday over the weekend and my MIL have me my late FIL fishing gear. 3 rods and a tackle bag. There was a fishing license of his from 2013 in the bag which was pretty cool.

It's a Plano bag but the boxes are an odd size. They are bigger than 3600 but smaller than 3700.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Discount Tackle had a quick sale this weekend on some Yamamoto products so I jumped at it to get their new 7” senkos. Basically a typical Senko with a grub tail. While on the site I figured I might as grab some 5” Sakos as I like to use them as chatterbait trailers.

This is what happens while you place your order during an Eagles game….5” got fat fingered to 3”.

So cute. Lol

F41ADB1E-A156-4550-8500-8E9E69249A31.jpeg

I only grabbed 2 packs but I’m actually looking forward to trying them on some Ned heads. Who knows? Could be the hot pick this year. ;)

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
As a solution to my purchase mistake the other day, I picked up some of these today. Berkely PowerBait PowerStinger. According to "marketing" they are designed for SlobberKnockers, their version of Chatterbait. The detail on them is impressive! Can't wait to try them.

IMG_2087.jpeg