What did you Buy Today?

pabassman

Received via Fed-Ex yesterday an Aftco Reaper Windproof Jacket as well as a Aftco Reaper Technical Fleece Hoodie to round out weather protection.

View attachment 213

View attachment 214

One thing I fail to do yearly is to properly dress for fishing. I seem to be able to throw money at a new rod or reel or other equipment without a blink of an eye but when it comes to clothing, I seem to be cheap. This year, I'm going to accept my age and stop "grinning and bearing it" and make myself comfortable.

I've had my eye on the jacket and when I went striper fishing last week, here comes my buddy showing up in one. With just a base layer shirt and the jacket, he said he was warm all day and it blocks the wind 100%. All the while I had a base layer shirt, t-shirt, sweatshirt and a jacket. I was not cold but definitely bulky so I am looking forward to having a little more movement. I threw in the sweatshirt as it was on sale and it got me over the top for free shipping but that should serve me well on cool later spring and summer mornings. They both have hoods and face masks built in. Since fishing from a kayak and a boat the last 5-6 years, I really keep a tab on sun exposure so those features will be welcomed.

Nice stuff! I'm kind of the opposite. I've spent TOOOOO much on clothes lol. Ice fishing a float suit and good boots are very important. I've fished some tournaments in miserable weather. Rain, snow, 20 degree temps, wind. Having a good set of weather repellent clothes made it bearable. Of course spares of just about everything $$$$

WBF620

View attachment 208

I may be getting carried away with new boats this year. I stumbled on one of these at dunham's today and couldn't resist for $500. I have to go pick it up when I have a day off, so I'll take some actual pics then.

Also, not really a "buy," but my father has an old 12' Jon boat out in the one barn that we used to fish out of when I was a kid. He told me to come get it if I wanted it and think it's still okay. I looked and other than a rotten transem board, it looks almost exactly how I remember it. I don't think it'll take much to get back on the water. So I might be on new boat number four here after easter. 😁
Did they have any more in stock? I need to buy one. Nevermind, i just called and they are out.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
All short people tell me that, lol. I noticed that they have some Big but no talk. Still it looks really tempting.

I have to admit, I laughed at that one. I'm definitely on the shorter side at 5'-6" so I can respect that. BUT! I think I am going to head out tomorrow morning so I'll be sporting my new gear. I'll measure how far below my waist it hangs and let you know.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
All short people tell me that, lol. I noticed that they have some Big but no talk. Still it looks really tempting.

So I measured the jacket today and thought the best measurement would be from top of shoulder height to the bottom of the jacket. It measured 29". The jacket I bought is a Large. I have pretty large shoulders and a 44" chest for whatever those stats are worth.

Gremcat

Small hoard from Academy in TN. Probably give the airport fits. Jig heads, few scents I’ve not seen around PA, a few CoPolymer main lines to try. They had a ton of much bigger gear for Sturgeon and apparently Bull Sharks that come up the river. Whole slew of unique bass gear including 2 aisles of rubber worms alone. I know nothing of that stuff though.DB337CD1-5F7F-4AED-B1A6-C3DF6128F5E6.jpeg

Gremcat

Heck just saw they caught bull sharks in Mississippi River as far north as IL. That’s settled, I’m never swimming anywhere again.....

Gremcat

Too much, especially flying but I had Academy, BassPro, and Orvis all within 15 mins and some open time. Found my Bro a real light net exactly like I’ve scoured the ‘net for too. He lost my other wooden one so he’s not getting my long handled new one. A26D2B57-02DE-487C-AA15-2282D8C4BA46.jpeg

Gremcat

Already have 4-5 new lines to try with the PLine and Suffix Pro I bought last night added to what’s in PA. The Suffix Advanced Co-Polymer was 20% off through today so it found its way to the cart, lol. I was just thinking I had too many partial spools from last year.

Gremcat

My order from All Seasons that included a cover for the Pin reel was canceled by them. This cover is supposedly for a huge spinning reel but looks perfect and was clearanced for $5.

Don

Do you have a money tree? I have one for sale cheap. You sure do buy STUFF. Its great because we get to see it up close and get performance reports but don't have to pay for any of it. What is a Pin Reel. And shouldn't you be out buying more instead of home posting here, lol?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Already have 4-5 new lines to try with the PLine and Suffix Pro I bought last night added to what’s in PA. The Suffix Advanced Co-Polymer was 20% off through today so it found its way to the cart, lol. I was just thinking I had too many partial spools from last year.

Have you tried these lines yet?

A071317E-63F5-4A24-B165-F004E4C84C7A.jpeg

I started using the Sunline Assassin 10# for finesse presentation based off of popular opinion on the bass forums last year. The result, my search is over for baitcaster line, hands down, the best I’ve tried. Very low memory and castability is just as good as mono.

I used the 6# for crappie and while it worked very good I’ve since changed my line preference for crappie to 15# braid with a floro leader.

Of course, it’s pricey and hard to find, especially with Covid depleting stock at Cabelas and Bass Pro but it’s worth ordering online IMO.