What did you Buy Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Usually when they look real they work great but it all depends on how you swim them. I’m starting to like just plain tails.
I typically throw plain Jane baits in different colors so when I see these types of baits I always wonder if it’s just gimmicky??

The reason I went for these is that they are suppose to compliment the action of the chatterbait. Specifically, when you kill the bait, these are suppose to dive off in a different direction as if deflecting off of something. That is intriguing to me.

I am 100% geared and baited up for the season. Just hoping we get that early spring everyone seems to be pointing towards.

truecrimson

So even if they don't catch fish, they have achieved marketing's goal of catching fishermen? ;)

Please let us know how they work. I have been suckered into a bunch of similar things over the years and couldn't catch a damn thing on any of them. Would be nice to hear some actually work ;)

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
So even if they don't catch fish, they have achieved marketing's goal of catching fishermen? ;)

Please let us know how they work. I have been suckered into a bunch of similar things over the years and couldn't catch a damn thing on any of them. Would be nice to hear some actually work ;)
Haha, heck yeah! They got this fish to bite lol. I’ll be sure to post results.

Blackcat Outdoors

I fall for that kind of stuff from time to time. You just think "damn, that looks to good for something not to eat it." At least you got a deal on them anyway. Last one that got me was a frog that I spent like $15 dollars on all wouldn't catch crap. I switched back to a hula popper and immediately caught bass again. 😒

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I fall for that kind of stuff from time to time. You just think "damn, that looks to good for something not to eat it." At least you got a deal on them anyway. Last one that got me was a frog that I spent like $15 dollars on all wouldn't catch crap. I switched back to a hula popper and immediately caught bass again. 😒

At Dicks today I seen they are selling Jack Hammers for $19.99 now. UNREAL! It is $3 in parts, if that. Yeah yeah, their vibration startup is better than the original ones they produced…ie, they started using better manufacturing methods for better tolerances than some kid in China. Ugh.

MB3

So how does Mighty Bite work for you;) lol

This is sad, but I'd throw them a time or two lol

truecrimson

So how does Mighty Bite work for you;) lol

This is sad, but I'd throw them a time or two lol
lol, I have some stuff I bought at Wawl Mawrt over a decade ago that looks pretty similar to Mighty Bite ;) And it doesn't catch $h!t I still pull them out and try them. I've lost a bunch to snags, but I'll probably keep trying them until I lose them all 🤷‍♂️

Solitario Lupo

Will I’ve been stocking up on these. Already lost two one to a big fish and one to my fault using the wrong leader but I know they swim great as I watch them in the water and can’t believe how it pulls them big fish up from the bottom. Like the 10 to 12 inch ones. 21827583-F1CC-4B81-9D71-27ACE0561566.jpeg

A-5

Here’s what the Nock guys are throwing. Iconelli is throwing it at nock. The owner is a hammer at nick. 4FF88521-65CE-4F20-814D-64CDB767C16C.png

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
It's going to be a long post so grab a coffee.............and I do tend to be wordy. ;)

I wasn't suppose to go to the Oaks Fishing Show yesterday but a buddy called and said he couldn't make it with us today. I had time and I was enticed by the smokey meat place we usually attend afterwards when we goto shows in Oaks so off we went.

It was a pretty good show, better than the last few years for sure. It is just one hall if you know the size of that place. One of the highlights for me was that I found these sweet jigs! That football jig is hand tied with feathers and is truly a work of art. It's going to pain me heavily when I snag and lose it! LOL. Not cheap at $11 and his others at $6 but the quality of them is at another level. I am showing the business card in the picture as he is from Pa and if anyone wants to look them up. I am going to the show again today with another buddy and even though they are pricey, I may pick up another feather jig just so that I have one to goto once I lose the first one. ;). BUT THAT IS ALL I WILL BUY TODAY!! Because........

IMG_2102.jpeg

There was this. Ugh!

IMG_2105.jpeg

Here's the story........

My favorite reel has become the Curado MGL 151XG. I have never seen it in a store before, no one seems to carry the MGL left hand version in 8.1 ratio. So let's leave that thought right here for a minute. I have yet to see a Shimano Zodias Rod in person either and I've been wanting to get one in my hand and as luck would have it, there was a booth with them. I tried out several and they were nice, real nice! Once again, I never see this nicer stuff in a stores available to me. I wanted it! My mental way out though to save me from spending a mint was that if I bought this rod I would need a reel for it and there is only one I would put on it, the one I mentioned earlier, so the guy checks his shelf, nope. Sweet, I'll save my money but then his partner says did you look in the case underneath? He does and there it was. Damn, they actually had it, one more way out, what is the price? He gave me retail pricing and I said no no no....what's the show price? He grabbed a calculator, did some typing and showed me the screen, giving me $50 off, I said sold!

I did want one more higher end setup for my boat and while I will tell you that I was not in the market.....I wasn't necessarily out of the market either. Being today is my Birthday, my wife expected me to treat myself today to something special....I just did it a day early. ;)

truecrimson

Awesome. Congratulations on the great find, and on being an Aquarius ;) Happy birthday 🎂 Don't forget to have the fire department on standby for all the candles ;)

Solitario Lupo

It's going to be a long post so grab a coffee.............and I do tend to be wordy. ;)

I wasn't suppose to go to the Oaks Fishing Show yesterday but a buddy called and said he couldn't make it with us today. I had time and I was enticed by the smokey meat place we usually attend afterwards when we goto shows in Oaks so off we went.

It was a pretty good show, better than the last few years for sure. It is just one hall if you know the size of that place. One of the highlights for me was that I found these sweet jigs! That football jig is hand tied with feathers and is truly a work of art. It's going to pain me heavily when I snag and lose it! LOL. Not cheap at $11 and his others at $6 but the quality of them is at another level. I am showing the business card in the picture as he is from Pa and if anyone wants to look them up. I am going to the show again today with another buddy and even though they are pricey, I may pick up another feather jig just so that I have one to goto once I lose the first one. ;). BUT THAT IS ALL I WILL BUY TODAY!! Because........
if you really like them buy one send it to me with a pack of the jigs or tell me what you want tied on. I’m sure it will come out cheaper than $11. I’m always willing to help out with something I can tie.