What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Do you have a money tree? I have one for sale cheap. You sure do buy STUFF. Its great because we get to see it up close and get performance reports but don't have to pay for any of it. What is a Pin Reel. And shouldn't you be out buying more instead of home posting here, lol?
Im in a hotel in TN/MS but have no fear, I scored 2 Umpqua chest packs hardly used shipping to the house as well Lol.

I could use a money tree. I have 4 kids, 2 in private school, and my wife works part time but it costs me money I think with daycare. I’m just a bit of a nut that’s all.

Gremcat

It gets worse too, I hunt, shoot, and have a bouldering/climbing cave in my house so not just one hobby Lol. Oh I also somehow collect tools including some pretty odd stuff. If you look at my office pics my desk is actually a large ESD Cisco work station for circuit board repairs. I’ve a solder rework station somewhere and more crimps, etc. than I’ve places for. Probably comes from being my own repair everything growing up in poverty. I moonlight designing and installing automation. I have a large three level pelican case with duplicate tools.

Gremcat

TS I’ve not but BP today had a ton of line. Mostly bigger for sturgeon/paddlefish but a few aisle of Crappie as well. Orvis didn’t have the split shot removal pliers and neither did BP. I just bought a pair and I think my Bro had them in the Umpqua waist pack I bought him. It got left somewhere with all the tackle and spinners I got him. Someone is having good days picking up gear left behind unfortunately for me.

Gremcat

I saw what I think was the brand you posted and a few Japanese ones. My Bro eats the stuff so I get to try out a lot.

I couldn’t find straight no taper fly line anywhere but I’m hours from good trout fishing. Cinch river is 4.5 hours away or Id have tried it on this trip. Incredible browns come out of there.

Don

I'm hoping to fish Norris Lake in Tn later this month. Send me $200 for this stupid money tree.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I saw what I think was the brand you posted and a few Japanese ones. My Bro eats the stuff so I get to try out a lot.

I couldn’t find straight no taper fly line anywhere but I’m hours from good trout fishing. Cinch river is 4.5 hours away or Id have tried it on this trip. Incredible browns come out of there.

The sunline I posted is floro. Don’t skip it if you see it out somewhere, good stuff.

Gremcat

I'm hoping to fish Norris Lake in Tn later this month. Send me $200 for this stupid money tree.
I can do that. I have a cousin in Jordan. If you can send him $250 he’ll refund you $450.

If you float me the $200 I’ll pay you back with money from the tree soon as I can afford the dirt to plant it

Gremcat

The sunline I posted is floro. Don’t skip it if you see it out somewhere, good stuff.
Yeah I saw it listed as flouro. I’m cautious of straight flouro except leader material after trying to spool KastKing and a few others that suffered REALLY bad memory Lol. I like the Suffix Ghost Braid’s sensitivity but it doesn’t cast like I’d hoped. I had thought the early SpiderWire and Berkeley braid issues may have been partially resolved. Be cool to see a light braid like that maybe 3# or some tiny diameter with a coating of Flouro. Sort of CoPolymer with braid vs Mono/Flouro. Thinking through manufacturing that could prove challenging though.

Gremcat

I did almost grab a spool but...... I’m a bit “rich” in line only having 4 spinning reels, 2 fly, and 1 pin. This is after respooling last week and tossing a bunch I didn’t like at all.C88827D0-7A7C-418F-9E3C-6AA4F490490D.jpeg

Gremcat

Loved the new color changing co polymer. Cast a country mile with minimal weight. Easily 1/3 more distance and color under water really looked invisible. Kind of kinked feeling so either sensitive to spooling with my new setup or it’s prone to memory unfortunately. It can’t be relaxed because of the kink feeling. Only one unmanageable knot and it was a doozy. I had to cut 50 yards off and return my terminal end. It held big fish well but I can easily break “6lbs” in my fingers. It’s supposedly new so hope they work the kinks out, literally.

Gremcat

Some jigs, those tiny diver bean lures to try on trout, the smallest gold kastmasters, and some others lures to add to my brother’s restocking after he left the nice pack and all the tackle I bought him by the Lehigh this winter. No clue if those little divers work but worth adding to his spinners and rapala F-5/7 arsenal with something that dives a bit. I was thinking of getting him some of the sinking rapalas but only thing WM had locked up and it was a CTF trying to check out with lines longer than I’d ever seen before. I ducked through their garden center to get out in 15 mins. Crazy world these days.