What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Or if you do Hilton Head and “New” Blufton have your name on em. Always Cary too but locals still hate what happened to Kildare Farm rd. Hint, there’s no green in sight let alone “farm”. If you want a strip mall of high end boutique grocers and what not on every corner it might be your town.

Full disclosure, I may have been domesticated there discovering things like countertops and dishwashers so I still hold it in high regard.

Don

This guy seems to know. Now I gotta do it. Once Bass is open I want to put 3 or 4 into the freezer. But mostly I will focus on Pickerel for the rest of summer. He mentioned hitting shallow points. Gouldsboro and most of Toby are unique in that if the sun is overhead, you're wear'n Poloroids and looking strait down you can see the bottom wherever you are. There is no other place for the Bass to go any time of the year. Everything happens right in front of you as they have no place to hide.
I used to focus on panfish but by changing the game to pickerel for the summer more bass and larger Gills will be caught.
Hey thanks for the video.

Gremcat

Hate buying sight unseen, my brother lost a fancy tiptop from the rod A-5 so graciously made for him for free. I finally got sick of looking at the fuji tip being too big. I had to order some for my St Croix that lost its insert and another anyway. $38 with shipping for 3 tip tops. With the insert on the St Croix missing I carefully measured about ten times including a second set of micrometers. The tip labeled 5.5 is as small as a 4.5 I have here. Thankfully, the size 6 fancy tip for my brother is huge by comparison. No clue why Fuji’s apparently nicest SiC tip is so much smaller honestly. I also had a package from CA with float stuff. Unfortunately, their single hookable brown trout eggs are tiny compared to the ones I buy in Erie.

Then my new 6wt St Croix fly rod was MIA. It’s the Raven Centerpin debacle 2.0. Looks like shipped to MA from NY instead of PA and hasn’t moved all week. Like float rod I’m digging through USPS site to file missing package. They try hard to discourage that and the form is kind of buried. Thankfully, last time I dug awhile and found it so I know where to go now.

Plus, I wouldn’t be me without a book order. Sort of odd I but hard copies these days since 99.9% of my book diet is audible. Guess I’m the “Old” millennial that doesn’t quite trust digital storage being infallible yet. CA80707C-0594-4CE5-A3F5-BF044DDB60DC.jpeg5AD98FDC-6DB9-49FC-B6AF-38630ADD9F8B.jpeg9E49C0A8-4273-41D2-A82F-F5520C36B1FE.jpeg

Gremcat

And not saying I believe at all in the “400 missing years” being covered in books removed from the Bible. I’d honestly never heard some of the missing books described as adding anything. I had heard about the Trial of Nicaea and other info. A Methodist pastor mentioned something from Apocryphal books helping explain something, basically some Jewish historical stories that helped better understand a section of the Bible. So I felt I should know more about the books of Enoch for example. I give 0 credibility to any until I’ve read them and even then I’m not a Theologian or in Seminary so don’t trust my own ability to translate.

I hold that Propitiation is the primary decision and the rest is the response, therefore Secondary or even tertiary. I’m very much a “Map and Mirror” Believer. I don’t need to even understand a grain of sand but study is prudent to resolve certain internal conflicts if nothing else. Might be complete rubbish. I’m currently listening to Den if Thieves, a book on the Savings and Loan crisis of the mid-80’s even though I was born in ‘82. Odd the stuff I read sometimes.

Gremcat

Pickerel love large bullfrog polywogs too, I’m a bait thrower but when Shiners didn’t work Polywogs on the surface did as did small frogs lip hooked.

Don

Grem, except that I have reading impediment I find "The Kingdom of Preistor John to be very intriguing. That is essentially secretive years of the ethiopic christians. I think their belief structure was whooooey but they were and are sincere. Its pretty clear that God calls us according to his purpose lest any of us would think we deserve his attention based on our achievements. He is full of grace and mercy. Let mw know how the book turns out. wq

Don

A-5, I'm probably ready to be seen near you in some portion of the Nock. It would be more interesting if I thought I was going to learn something from the master. Lemme know. I'm still pulling oodles of gear outa this old boat. I could fish for years. I liked the Hooks Brian was using.

A-5

Lol master? Me no way still learning. Nock is a hard lake and will make you crazy. But I can put ya on the new craft. The new craft and motor sucks. I need the long shaft 20. But the budget! Next year, I already missed the good fishing I hate summer

A-5

PABassman. Seriously frustrating. They killed 80 percent of the entire lakes pads. Nothing holding fish shallow no cover I’m lost. I fished Saturday and was like

1623450785883.gif

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I had to order some for my St Croix that lost its insert and another anyway.

I love my St. Croix rods but I’ve lost inserts along the way as well. It has taught me to never throw a rod away again or at the very least, strip them down for parts for when this happens. I’ve been through the measuring and guessing and hoping I educatedly guessed correctly. ;)

Don

Have you done much on Galena?
I pulled some awesome crappy and gills out of Giving Pond.
I may go to Towhee soon for Picks.
wish you and a dozen of your boys would join me at Goldsboro as the bass have been on fire.