What did you Buy Today?

Melvinp

Yea I do three knots, 4 when lazy

Lazy fisherman’s knot

improved clinch

palomar

snell

Do not snell small line. It tends to pull out of the knot. Snell I do say 8lb or larger
Palomar is for sure my go to unless I can’t get the fold through the eye then it’s the improved and the rapala loop

pabassman

Land Big Fish fathers day sale. 20% off promo code dad21. Tackle Warehouse sucking pretty bad. No sales, very long delivery times.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Not fishing but my youngest keeps flushing stuff, toilet roll spring holder thing, hand towels, nightlights. I removed toilet to fix once. This time was a nightlight. I didn’t even try, lol, I let them have no “kids bathroom” for a month then bought a dual flush. Now he can flush bigger stuff lol, I sure hope not. I’ve swapped guts on the rental toilet twice too and she says it’s still weak flushing. I bought a second double flusher to go down there too. Rather buy fishing gear but sick of being the Plumber so hope this cures this issue anyway.1DF9B2C3-1828-46F1-83F0-739B19D58E69.jpeg

Gremcat

Haha maybe, he is a pretty sneaky one though and he’ll just do it to another bathroom, the new toilet buttons are hard to press so that might deter, really hoping now that he’s 5 he’ll outgrow it, before this it was coloring on everything in the house including walls and furniture……

Gremcat

Bunch of resupply, had the Dock Owner give me and my brother $400 in Dunham credit as a Thank You. I stopped quick today but he’s not a Shopper” so not a lot of window shopping and selection is usually spotty. Bunch of over priced ammo. Just bought another 3k rounds of various stuff so I’m ok there. I finally found a double telescoping aluminum handled rubber net for big fish and the dock. I’ve tried to find one awhile. FishUSA, BassPro, Dicks, online, nothing like I wanted. I didn’t expect to find one at Dunham’s. I was about to go for the Rising Bite net or whatever and just add a few extensions but that’s a lot of scratch for a net. This one should work well and was only $65.

Gremcat

Things a monster, must’ve been labeled wrong because the web description said it telescopes to 6’. It’s almost 6’ of handle collapsed. Hoop is bigger than it looks too. Real deep rubber net. No funky cheap telescoping parts either just handle in handle of aluminum with 3 holes for extending. Like it a lot for the price. Might need a bigger holster though lol.CFA46DAE-E648-461B-A950-7CBEA6ADE407.jpeg79EEDC5D-7B0E-466A-8658-1452ADDD0DC0.jpeg9A271C7F-0C5F-47DC-8040-81A663D78BE9.jpeg

Gremcat

I know I know garage is a mess, it’s either too hot or too perfect for fishing/hunting/yard work lol. Or too cold after Christmas. I might need to plan a week off in the spring just to tackle it. Wall control boards are up, industrial warehouse shelving, full rack of Vidmar separating bins with inserts. I’ve got most of what I need. Just a lot of tools and remodel stuff.

Gremcat

I think it’s A-5’s fault, I always had winter/summer to get stuff done. Now it’s Steelhead, Steelhead, Trout, Hot…, Deer/Bear/Gator/whatever, Steelhead, Christmas, Steelhead, lol. Darn Enabler…..

A-5

I love it. Steelhead gets in your blood. Then you become a real man! Bahahahahahahahaha

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Picked up a new SLX DC Reel today to replace my now failed regular SLX reel. While I do like my Curado DC, I was not planning on going DC with this reel but finding a left hand regular model in stock near me was not possible. When I found that a DC model was in stock, I was intrigued to see how good this iteration is so I jumped. I did fish this evening and should have tried it out but I wanted to try out a new bait setup I just learned on YouTube at 7:30pm so I jumped in my truck and headed off to the lake for an hour with my typical fishing gear, muck boots too! I look so attractive in them with shorts on. LOL. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow?

This one will replace a regular SLX I use for freshwater and that reel will be demoted to saltwater duty. Saltwater fishing was the reason my other SLX failed after 2 seasons. I do rinse my reels after every trip with saltaway but I knew this one would see it's slow death this season after catching a 100 lb. shark with it last season, definitely not it's intended purpose and the negative results on it's drag was immediately noticed after that trip but I nursed it as far as it could go this year. While I do like my "pricey" reels, I just can't put a new pricey reel on saltwater duty, saltwater gets my freshwater hand-me-downs only.

reel.jpg

MB3

I did something stupid and exciting today. It looks like the Voyager jet boat will go up for sale. In return I'm getting unGodly long boat payments but reasonable ones. I get it in 2 Saturdays. They had a sale on this StarCraft Stealth 166 DC or the Starweld Fusion DC. Only 1 in stock of each and the showroom was full of buyers so I broke down. The Fusion had nicer features. This one had more storage, better seating and the integrated rail system. Even after adding an extra seat, 70# trolling motor and fish finder is was less than the Fusion by a little bit. The Fusion had 20 more horse, tilt steering, 8 inches longer and a radio.

Now for some serious buyers remorse, a beer and hoping I can get top dollar for the Voyager thanks to COVID. Apparently jet engines are hard to find.

Attachments

• PXL_20210703_163134218.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210703_163134218.MP.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210703_163130587.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210703_163130587.MP.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210703_163126548.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210703_163126548.MP.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20210703_163120061.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210703_163120061.MP.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 5007.jpeg
    5007.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 4

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I did something stupid and exciting today. It looks like the Voyager jet boat will go up for sale. In return I'm getting unGodly long boat payments but reasonable ones. I get it in 2 Saturdays. They had a sale on this StarCraft Stealth 166 DC or the Starweld Fusion DC. Only 1 in stock of each and the showroom was full of buyers so I broke down. The Fusion had nicer features. This one had more storage, better seating and the integrated rail system. Even after adding an extra seat, 70# trolling motor and fish finder is was less than the Fusion by a little bit. The Fusion had 20 more horse, tilt steering, 8 inches longer and a radio.

Now for some serious buyers remorse, a beer and hoping I can get top dollar for the Voyager thanks to COVID. Apparently jet engines are hard to find.

Congrats! That looks like fun to me!