What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Grem. I can’t wait to hear the story of when you take your brother salmon fishing!
Me either, I’m trying, even looking at a charter this month. See a guide with a small fleet it appears out of Oz. Reading his feedback seems like a real good captain. One guy had a small boat and the Captain went into detail helping a non-client get setup and on fish. Posts some unbelievable photos as well. I know you don’t FB or I’d post a link. $600 I think for 4 people for the day. I’m thinking me, my bro, my 9 yo, maybe my wife. Secret Squirrel is now at CentCom and has leave planned in mid-Aug. I might try something then. He has only been once and that was Sept. in Ketchikan when we all but limited all 6 on the boat in 3 hours. We were 3 of the 6 and think we had 12 massive Silvers sent home and the pinks/chum smoked. I don’t know if we can meet his standard, lol.

Gremcat

Herd of bucks by the house on my way in, I’d be stalking them already if I was him,,, probably for the best I only had a kiddy bow at 9 lol

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Guessing the HHA Optimizer Lite vertical pin that adjusts by a wheel with yardage tape is overkill for him. It’ll serve him a long time if he likes it and I’m a big proponent of good optics on anything. My Xbow will have a Zeiss scope this season. I carry Swarovision Binos and a Zeiss LRF. I’ve always heard if you can’t see it you can’t kill it. To me that applies double up close in the “thick”. Trickles into sunglasses for fishing, etc. Footwear and Optics I’m a splurger. I’ll run surplus ECWS for hunting clothes and Hodgeman neoprene waders though lol. Waders where open box half price even,,,,, they are mostly dry still but awful to hike in.

MB3

I was surprised to find at this price point they don't come with chargers. I also got one of those launch ropes you attach to your winch to make it easier. Oh yeah, can't forget a throwable flotation device in camo.

Attachments

• PXL_20210730_205826123.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210730_205826123.MP.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 2

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I was surprised to find at this price point they don't come with chargers. I also got one of those launch ropes you attach to your winch to make it easier. Oh yeah, can't forget a throwable flotation device in camo.

I installed a Noco on my boat this time around. I couldn't deny the price or the 15% coupon code I had. So far it is working great.

Camo? How is anyone going to see it ;) LOL

MB3

So far I'm real happy with the charger. Almost as happy as the 70lb thrust trolling motor. What a game changer! Another slow day. Everywhere is weeds.

Don

Up here at marc chunk Lake State Park I met a guy named Dave whom I always meet down at the giving pond as well. He was here at 5 AM this morning and he said the bite was incredible besties seen all summer. He said it was mostly Pickerel and bass the big ones. I wish I could get this guy to join our group. Maybe someday.

Gremcat

Right by my place, still killing it trying to wrap up projects. Know of a hard access spot overrun with big trout but was so sore getting up this AM @4:30 Iwent back to sleep. Maybe tomorrow after church I’ll get out. MC was 80+ degrees a few weeks back. Kids like to go to the beach there. About 10 mins from the house.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

As usual I did the opposite of MB3 (he catches fish, I don't ;) ). I went shorter and lighter instead of longer and harde.......wait, what are we talking about now?

I love the old Wilderness Ride 135. But at 88 lbs and 13'6" it's a beast out of the water. I am apparently not getting any younger so last Monday I picked up a Vibe Yellowfin. 57 lbs, 10'.

Got it wet yesterday on the Swattie. I love it. Primary stability is not as good as the bigger yaks but secondary stability is fantastic (If your head stays in the boat your ass stays in the boat). I did not roll it despite some really good attempts, and 5 or 6 mild rapids.

I had thought the front flush mount rod holders would be a pain, but they are actually perfectly positioned. I started out with Scotty mounts in the gear tracks and then halfway through the 6 hour float I took them off and just used the flush mounts. The tracks are top load but narrow. One of my Scotty Gearheads went in and out with no problem (did we change subjects again?) but the other had to be completely unscrewed to get it out (That's what she said).

The seat is very comfortable and I had no back or butt issues the entire time (6 hours). It is also adjustable for me while seated in it. Many kayak seats are not.

I can reach everything in the tankwell, which I cannot do in the Ride. I can also reach everything in the front, which I also cannot do in the Ride.20210726_164413.jpg20210731_103655.jpg20210731_125342.jpg20210731_155901.jpg

There have been some changes in the work situation that will hopefully result in more time for both fishing and forums. I went from 3 jobs to 2. My 3rd job ask me to quit my 2nd job and offered to pay me whether they call me or not just to have me available more. But now they have fired the other Respiratory Terrorist, and i am getting calls from the places she used to visit. Also one of my coworkers at the FT job is out for a few weeks. So we'll see how the time thing goes, but hopefully I will have more of it.

MB3

There's a part of me that wants to sell the yak and get a 12-14' Jon but a wide one. My last outing destroyed my back. Call me lazy but I'm starting to tire on paddling a river and constantly correcting the direction. I love my new yak but it doesn't track nearly as well as my Shadow Caster even on lakes. Plus it's still heavy. That being said it gets you on water boats just can't.

truecrimson

There's a part of me that wants to sell the yak and get a 12-14' Jon but a wide one. My last outing destroyed my back. Call me lazy but I'm starting to tire on paddling a river and constantly correcting the direction. I love my new yak but it doesn't track nearly as well as my Shadow Caster even on lakes. Plus it's still heavy. That being said it gets you on water boats just can't.
Have you thought about any of the pedal drives? I would really like to get one but you can't get under 60lbs, which I set as my cutoff.

Reactions: MB3

MB3

I like them but they are pricey. I've seen the electric trolling motor set ups too. It already takes a solid effort before launching. The boat is nice, everything is in. Launch and go.

A-5

Live scope too??
Unfortunately not. I’m told by the czar here you don’t need it. He can Rees this thing as good as live scope. So I am now a student. Used it twice and can believe how much I marked. Side images are not my strong point so I am learning

pabassman

Unfortunately not. I’m told by the czar here you don’t need it. He can Rees this thing as good as live scope. So I am now a student. Used it twice and can believe how much I marked. Side images are not my strong point so I am learning

I dont have it either. My tourney partner this year does. He turned it on Friday night. Useless!. Now we were shallow around docks and some pretty heavy weeds. Its a good tool I guess for more open water and deep water but from what little I've seen. and heard from a couple buddies not the game changer in the cover I fish. I have found some great stuff on side imaging. I have a helix. I find keeping it in at about 70 feet gives me more detail. Also 2,5 to 3,5 mpg reads better on mine.