What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Hope to get as many backwoods miles and fish out of these as I did the last pair that finally had an eyelet tear and the cords break. Shoes themselves were still perfect beyond the eyelet but it was the older sewn style not the “thru” eyelet. In fairness, I added the quick cord and it cut through the cloth eyelet. These aren’t waterproof but should breath better and weigh less. Not a lot of inventory these days. Last pair got soaked quite a few times over the years but still look new after many many miles of granite and creek banks. Not many wading boots made for that type of use.384108CD-A4CF-46CB-A634-66D2D25CB2BD.jpeg

Don

Bad enough to lose a dollar fly then lose 30 more lol that’s kinda why I like trying to make my own I know that it’s not cheap but feel a little better compared to store buying then loosing at least I can make another and not have to get in the car
Melvin, You still fishing from a car?

Gremcat

Not fishing but creates a path back to fishing lol. I’m whooped, this one was more than I bargained for honestly. Need to add a power strip, Mount the rods, Mount the shelves, a little trim paint, or close enough,,,, hunting at 4am, saw a fisher, the 2 bigger bucks before legal, a doe, and had a 200 lbs bear keeping me company at footage for Saturday opener. No repeat of last year sadly. Calling for rain Sat/Sun. Maybe I’ll revisit my fishing hobby finally. Maybe I’ll go north. 126613AD-C900-4745-A9FA-2AE3E611FDB6.jpeg267E56E4-0669-4E1E-9FF6-A52B1F77CCAD.jpeg83B31C33-6672-4809-A51C-A103793D66CA.jpeg0E2DDA55-C029-48C3-B930-754EC63523C7.jpeg

truecrimson

Yeah, I remember you lost all of your guns in a boating accident ;) You only have the double barrel to use when politician season opens ;)

truecrimson

I am reverting to more tackle boxes, and I blame all of you ;)

I had fairly well settled on a limited repertoire of techniques, and carried about 2 to 4 3600 size boxes. But you all have me trying different stuff, and wanting to try different stuff and that requires more stuff, so this bag can hold 6-7 (Actually 6-8) 3600 size boxes. It came with 6, but I have a bunch of the waterproof ones, so I won't be using these boxes. The long explanation will be after the picture.
20211007_164759.jpg

OK, years ago my wife got me a fishing backpack from Cabelas. It's awesome. Holds 4 3600 boxes, has a cooler on the bottom which can hold 4 more boxes if you want to use it that way, a pocket and outlet for a hydration bladder, a large vertical main compartment, and a bunch of pockets and places for various things. It has outlasted several other bags and packs and is great for shore fishing at walk up places. I

Unfortunately it's too big for bush whacking, too heavy for wading, and too bulky to be functional in a kayak. As I got into bush whacking and wading I got a hip pack by Spiderwire that holds 3 3600 boxes. Then I got the waterproof boxes for wading. When I got the kayak I went down the milk crate road, and wound up with a milk crate behind me with more than 8 boxes and a bunch of other crap in it. But it never worked well for me. Stuff behind me just isn't as functional for me as it seems to be for others.

I paired back down to 3 boxes, and hip pack. I could keep it in front of me and that worked a lot better. I settled on a few techniques that I could use with only 3 boxes along and that is most of what I did.

As mentioned you guys have me trying new stuff. So I concluded I need to increase the number of boxes again. Already having tried the other options, I decided to look for something that could remain in front of me, and still hold more boxes without taking up too much space. On one of my trips out east for work I stopped in Cabelas and looked over the available stuff. Amid all of the typical tackle bags I found this style that holds the boxes on end. A brilliant and elegant solution. So Wednesday I stopped at Bass Pro after work and picked one up.

It can hold 7 3600 boxes in the main compartment, and one more will fit on it's side in the front pocket. The waterproof boxes I use are little thicker than standard 3600s so I can only fit 6 in the main and 1 in the front. So I am back up from 3 to 7 now. Last night I reorganized everything. Hopefully this weekend I will see how it works.

HenryDavid

I'm a wader too. I have a pretty good assortment of vests, small backpacks, sling packs, etc. I don't like anything that needs to be carried, carry the rods in one hand other hand free. I've had to downsize many times. Most everything goes in the vest pockets, plugs take up the most room so a couple small plastic containers in a sling pack.

Don

I've been meaning to share: At the Saylorsburg Flea MKT on Saturdays and Sundays there is often a guy that sell Mitchel reels and he also sells 3600 and 3700's for 30 and 35 dollars. they come with two boxes. He also sells allot of other tackle and things...worth a stop if you're out that way.

Attachments

• IMG_1711.JPG
    IMG_1711.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1