What did you Buy Today?

Don M

Didn't get it today but.
My daughter made me stop at a thrift store. I went to the outdoors section, and to my surprise their sat a Mitchell 408. Even on ebay in this condition they'd want $40.00 - $50.00 bucks. The price tag was marked $15.00, I gave the guy a 20. He took it and than asked why, I told him it was worth $40.00. He said but it's so hard to turn, I already had the cover of it was old hard grease Hope I get some good karma. This is another one I'll paint in the spring

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1

Don

Thing of Beauty Don. High Speed 408. I've had my eyes on a swivel since May and only found one at $45. Too much for me. I'll find it though. Looks like a nice one.

Don M

Good luck seems like they are going up every week. I think you need a flea market/garage sale or thrift store find. But if you find a 408 pinion and main gear. Put it in a 308 you have a 408, everything is the same except the gears. I did it to the camo 308.

Don

I got my Eyes Open. Almost had one. This is part of the fun as well. Held an early NIB 306 this past week. What a nice size.

Gremcat

Splitshot pliers, hoping they do better than fly split shot pliers. I use the earless now for everything and go through 20-40 split shot adjusting for each run/pool/hole.

Gremcat

While not fishing specific it will greatly increase the speed I can upload here, lol. I have a few Corp laptops, a All-In-One for my Tester, a new Surface 8, and a slew of tablets for the kids. My wife uses my spare work pc but the power supply is getting flakey. I use a P51 Engineering Workstation laptop. The Surface 8 is a “consumable” for a IoT skunkworks project so I guess technically it’s mine as long as I don’t destroy Windows11 or hardware in it.

My wife decided the desktop we’ve not used for 5-6 years needs to be replaced so the family will have a modern PC that’s not owned by my Org. I don’t argue I just pick the stuff. Alienware is sold out until mid January and I hear graphics cards have doubled in price so expect price hikes. I hunted a bit and at a Best Buy within an hour I found one gaming pc that sort of fit my baseline requirements I arbitrarily settled on,,,, I’m not a PC Gamer or a Console Gamer, I’m a Non-Gamer lol. My house already has a PS4 and XBox1 or whatever the latest are so doubtful it’ll be used to game.

I’ve read I can spin up multiple VMs to run apps side by side which could be helpful in rare cases. I’d have to break the habit of running multiple devices instead. Heck just getting used to the Nebo app using the new MS Pen and my finger gestures simultaneously is like walking while chewing gum.

Specs:
iBUYPOWER i7, 500gb SSD+1TB HDD, SSD is boot up, HDD is long term storage, 16gb Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, E44ACFB1-640A-4B0E-8120-86CC4F788458.jpeg

Last edited:

Gremcat

I wanted a liquid cooled case from Alienware but has to be here for Xmas. I have read Alienware/Dell isn’t hardware hacker friendly being all proprietary. Hard to say if I’ll bother swapping components but the option is nice I guess. I grabbed a Dell 32” Curved monitor on their Deal of the Day yesterday. Feels dumb to tie up money in a pc when we have so many devices floating around but it’s worse to me to try and go cheap. I’m pretty much in the camp “It only costs a little more to go cheap”. In reflection, all the money I’ve “saved” on things like Remodelers, electricians, mechanics, etc. probably would’ve netted out the same as DIY when I factor in tools, rework due to limited knowledge, etc.

Don

I admire you brother but I didn’t understand anything you just said. All I came away with is that your computer descriptions match the looks of the dashboard on TS’s new boat.